Re: Venting Thread, or FML!

Post by blackberrybear »

Thank you

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

I just found out that my bank completely misinformed me and that the card I blocked (1 hour 20 minutes after it was stolen, after having blocked my other cards with other banks, my credit cards, calling the police and making my way to the police station) has in fact been used for fraudulent purposes before I blocked it - for almost 700 euros. And the bank says it's my own fault for taking an hour to block it. I was in a different country and didn't have their Cardstop number saved in my phone. I literally worked as quickly as I could. When I blocked it, I was informed that the last transaction before blocking it was my last transaction. Now it turns out this is SO not true. The thief(s) saw me enter my pin at the machine I used it last, probably, and I had just transferred a large amount of money there so I could transfer it to a savings account with the same bank. Just... argh. So, so angry.

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

I am soooo bored.
No work at work.
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

cirestan wrote:I am soooo bored.
No work at work.
Hahaha, I know that feel. I am a language teaching assistant. and my classes are frequently cancelled (not to mention school holidays!) so there is aloooot of desk time. Yesterday I was openly playing my 3DS and no one cared at all. Can you take in a craft project or a book or something at least?
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

Ha. I wish.
Professional engineering/manufacturing firm.
It's one of those things where you have to look busy even if you are not.
So really the best I can do is have a bunch of spread sheets and programs open, and a small Word document open in the corner that I can work on some writing.
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I actually brought a dollar with me to get a Pearson's Salted Nut Roll (my go to candy bar since I can no longer eat chocolate) from the vending machine at work....and the vending machine is out! :cry:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Firehawke wrote:I actually brought a dollar with me to get a Pearson's Salted Nut Roll (my go to candy bar since I can no longer eat chocolate) from the vending machine at work....and the vending machine is out! :cry:
NOOOOOO!!! I'm so sorry! :(

I've been having trouble deciding what I want to be when I "grow up". Every avenue requires going back to school and I don't know how I'd pay for it. If I found out how to pay for it, I'm then think "What if I don't like it?" because then I'd be back where I am now. And it's just an endless cycle.........
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

SunkistShiek wrote:
Firehawke wrote:I actually brought a dollar with me to get a Pearson's Salted Nut Roll (my go to candy bar since I can no longer eat chocolate) from the vending machine at work....and the vending machine is out! :cry:
NOOOOOO!!! I'm so sorry! :(

I've been having trouble deciding what I want to be when I "grow up". Every avenue requires going back to school and I don't know how I'd pay for it. If I found out how to pay for it, I'm then think "What if I don't like it?" because then I'd be back where I am now. And it's just an endless cycle.........
I made sure to pick up a couple at the grocery store last night :nod

That is always SO hard! Good luck figuring all of that out!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

Bomb attack at Brussels International Airport (I live in Brussels). This must be a response to capturing Abdeslam. A big "You thought that was a victory? You can't stop us". They had just decreased the amount of soldiers patrolling the airport. (everyone I know here is safe)

Also, there is a special place in Hell for people who, when witness to such a disaster, take pictures and videos of wounded people to put on their Twitter. Are you a journalist? No? Then either HELP THEM of GET OUT OF THE WAY so someone who knows what they're doing can help them.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

I share a house with 3 girls. They live in the main house and then I have a separate mother-in-law apartment in the basement (separate entrance, separate door, my own kitchen/bathroom/etc). Yesterday, someone broke into the main house. He either had a key or a key-like thing and went in through the front door. He stole laptops, jewelry, a textbook, went through one of the girl's students' valentines, one of the other girl's journal (wtf, right?). He didn't go into the basement so my stuff was safe, but I spent an hour on a bus in horrible traffic not knowing this. I was mostly terrified that he grabbed my jewelry box since it's small and in plain view. I have some of my grandma's and a few other sentimental pieces that aren't worth much but would have been grabbed. What's extra crazy is that when one of the girls came home, the guy was coming out the front door (either coincidentally or he saw her and decided to leave) and he said to her nonchalantly something like "hey what's up" and locked the door and left (which was a little extra insult to injury, since now she had to dig out her keys while freaking out after being robbed). (ETA - The landlord came over last night and changed the locks)

I know we got lucky. It sucks that stuff was stolen; they have renters insurance, no one got hurt (super scary with <girl> coming home with the guy there), I'm thankful my stuff is safe. I've properly hidden my jewelry and passport. I also feel super freaked out and terrified. I have a kitchen window that doesn't have a curtain which never bothered me and last night I wouldn't go near it because I felt like someone was watching me (the curtain issue will be resolved on Thursday). I was scared leaving the house in the morning. I stupidly made the mistake of telling my dad what happened and his response is "what are you going to do when they come back? They usually come back" which was incredibly helpful in that moment and he even called me later to follow up that they were going to come back :banghead: . And even if they do, I'm not worried about the stuff. The overlap of stuff they'd most likely steal and the stuff it would break my heart to lose is 2 pieces of jewelry. I hate this scared feeling. I know it takes time, keep breathing, all that. This sucks right now.

Oh, and my uterus decided to join in the fun. Because, why not?
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com