Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Venting Thread, or FML!

Anything goes!
Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Venting Thread, or FML!

Post by Ally »

Sometimes you need a place to vent your frustrations! I encourage you all to do that here! I'm sure in some way, shape or form we can all relate to whatever is irritating you :)
Not so much a bad thing, but this really irked me. My mother was reading 'The Hobbit', one of the greatest pieces of fiction ever written, only to drop it 2 days later to read the '50 Shades' trilogy...for the third time...in 2 months. Really, woman? When I asked why she said, and I quote 'It's a really sweet love story'.
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

Ishtar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Venting Thread, or FML!

Post by Ishtar »

*chokes* A really sweet story? Hmmmm.... I feel you pain.

From working in a bookstore unfortunately that is all to common *sighs*
"A bookshelf is as particular to its owner as are his or her clothes; a personality is stamped on a library just as a shoe is shaped by the foot" - Alan Bennett in 'The Library Book'

Image Image

toobusytostitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by toobusytostitch »

I can understand that being frustrating. I gave in to the hype and borrowed a friends copy of 50 Shades of Grey - I got past the first "love" scene and gave up - hated the characters and thought it was a poor excuse for a book! I seem to be in the minority around here so it's good to hear others that think there are better books out there!

m4pl3g1rl
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by m4pl3g1rl »

From what I've heard of 50 Shades, I am NEVER touching that book. Sweet love story my big toe.

My vent:

Why is it that some forum groups (not this one thankfully) seem to have giant sticks up the rear end? I thought that the Borg were the only ones with "resistance is futile" as their motto. Another forum that I go to is starting to get really grumpy. They can't even enjoy fan art - of their own art! We have to ask permission before we do anything. I am seriously thinking of not going back.
ImageImageImageImage

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read '50 Shades'! I would, however, almost certainly read this:
earl grey.jpg
earl grey.jpg (15.04 KiB) Viewed 10834 times
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

You know what really gets my goat, especially on Facebook in the run-up to the American elections, is [POLITICAL VIEWPOINT WITHHELD BY AUTHOR]. I feel really strongly about the issue, as I consider it an issue of basic human rights. You know the disgusting part? My own mother unfriended me on FB, in part because I've been posting in support of the position.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Ishtar
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Ishtar »

Ally wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read '50 Shades'! I would, however, almost certainly read this:
earl grey.jpg
There is actually a Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by * Merkin. It is a parody of romance novels (maybe also paranormal one.. haven't looked that close).
"A bookshelf is as particular to its owner as are his or her clothes; a personality is stamped on a library just as a shoe is shaped by the foot" - Alan Bennett in 'The Library Book'

Image Image

Mai
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Mai »

I'm really annoyed at two boys in my year.

Yesterday I got a message on Facebook from one of my friends who has a crush on one of them saying that I should click on this link. So I clicked it, and the two boys had made a "Top fittest girls in our year" list.

It was obviously a mick-take, with the most 'ugliest' (Stupid word.) girls in the year at the top, going down to the most fittest.

I was number 4.

stitchingmama
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by stitchingmama »

I'm ready to rant but be warned I do mention the potty but no dirty diapers.

Why does my newly potty trained son seem to schedule his potty time to coincide with my six month old's nap time? Most days just as I'm getting my daughter to sleep for her afternoon nap I hear my son sit on the potty. I can hear that he is going to be doing number 2. So it's either a chocolate coloured mess or a screaming baby as my choices. So I put the baby in her crib, help my son finish his pottying & spend the next half hour with a cranky, crying baby until I get her to sleep again.

I guess my mother was right she always said that a child's job is to drive her mother crazy.
"I need to feel your cross stitch. Feels like 8-bit" - my three year old

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

I'm being alienated from all of my friends and they don't care at all.
Image Image Image Image