Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pokemon B-day Ideas

Anything goes!
PixelPockets
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Pokemon B-day Ideas

Post by PixelPockets »

My daughter is turning 6 this year, and she wants a pokemon party.
I'm gonna make her a zekrom cosume (somehow) and we're planning on having a pokemon assigned to a trainer (adult) and each one will have an activity based off of the type of pokemon it is.
for example Trainer Josh will be at the sandbox with DugTrio. where they'll dig up something for that activity.

another one we're thinking about is supplying pots and seeds and someone would be with like.. shaymin or something and the kids can plant a flower to take home.

anyone else have any good ideas for pokemon based activities?

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Pokemon B-day Ideas

Post by blackmageheart »

Ooh this isn't as easy as it first seems.
How about a plasma ball that the kids can press their fingers on for electric type, a water pool game where you hook the fishy types, making ghost pokemon masks to wear, stuff like that?

Sorry, not very good at this! (My daughter has some time before I have to start thinking about parties!)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

mooglegirl
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mooglegirl »

You could hide Pokemon cards around the party round and have the kids "catch" them for Pokedex party favours.

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

In no particular order:

BUG: Make "bugs" out of candy. Or spray silly string at each other.

DRAGON: Dance party - Dragon Dance! (+1 Attack / +1 Speed)

ICE: Make juice pops (in ice cube trays or shaped molds).

WATER: Bubbles for Bubblebeam. Water balloon fights / target toss.

ROCK: Checkers, Mancala, or some other game which can be played with rocks as tokens / pawns?

POISON: Make slime!

DARK: a blindfold game, like Pin the Tail on the Chaperone or a pinata. Or blindfolded drawing.

FLYING: Kites! Paper airplanes!

PSYCHIC: Matching game! Rock-Paper-Scissors!

NORMAL: Contest for the most boringest partygoer. Bestow it on that kid you always worry will be a bad influence. I am serious to the max.

GRASS: Make flower bombs (paper packages - or blown eggshells, like the bunny brought our daughters for Easter this year - filled with seeds, meant to be tossed where the package will degrade and the flowers will bloom in the future. Useful to toss over fences into vacant lots for fabulizing run-down communities, though a backyard plot will do. :P ).

FIGHTING: Break (balsa) boards with your face!!!!

FIRE: Help with some kind of cooking thing - maybe roast marshmallows.

ELECTRIC: Tasers. Barring that, BMH's plasma ball idea will be a showstopper. :)

GROUND: Eat dirt. And worms.

GHOST: Make a Shuppet out of fabric and a rubber band.

STEEL: MAGNETS

On a general note: anybody who can face paint? Having some features of a favorite pokecritter painted on my mug would make my day, and I'm 30.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I would go to any party RMDC throws, Pokemon or no.
RMDC wrote:NORMAL: Contest for the most boringest partygoer. Bestow it on that kid you always worry will be a bad influence. I am serious to the max.
I love this, and would also do it to adults.
RMDC wrote:Having some features of a favorite pokecritter painted on my mug would make my day, and I'm 30.
I am also Lv30, and would definitely partake! I would dearly love to be an Onix or a Tentacruel, they were always my favourites. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

It's like my head is crawling with ideas but I can't articulate them! Have the kids watch all the movies back to back and have them do a shot of fanta every time a water attack is used! Other than that, let RMDC plan it! Those are some of the greatest Pokemon birthday activities ever!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

mooglegirl
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mooglegirl »

RMDC if you aren't a party planner maybe you should be. The only other idea I could come up with was to give them craft supplies and let them make their own Pokemon.

PixelPockets
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by PixelPockets »

Fun Ideas! way better than my friend suggesting we let the kids light birdhouses on fire for the fire type activity heheheh

So.. why do you think pokemon has rock and ground type? seems superfluous to me!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

PixelPockets wrote:So.. why do you think pokemon has rock and ground type? seems superfluous to me!
Ground's like...soil and stuff. Rock is, well, rocks :D

PixelPockets
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by PixelPockets »

but there's a lot of rock in the ground.