Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

daily check in

Anything goes!
Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

daily check in

Post by Batboard »

Been kinda slow around here lately, I figure if there was a thread for conversation about anything you happen to be doing, eating, whatever, I would know Im not the only person creeping around daily. Ok, maybe you dont have to post daily but at least weekly. I need a welfare check on you peeps.
I for one have a project that is almost complete and also need to find a image hosting site since photobucket went krazy :tease: And the Switch is awesome, been playing it about 100 times more than I thought I would. :link

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: daily check in

Post by Clarington »

This is a great idea Batboard. It's been making me sad how quiet it is around here these days. I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one creeping!

What are you playing on the Switch?

My life these days revolves around a 5 month old overlord who refuses to sleep. Wow, I miss video games and cross stitching. Please help me live vicariously through the rest of you wonderful people!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

@Batboard...good luck with finding a site! (I'm still storing my photos exclusively on my Google Photos drive.)

@Clarington...hope he gets some sleep soon and that you can get some gaming and stitching time in!

Just 2 1/2 more days of work before Christmas vacation starts for me! :D
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

well I spent a ton of time on zelda. Loved it. Got splatoon 2. wasn't sure about it, and I dont care for on line play. Annnddddddddddd I would spend weekends playing like 16hrs of it....lol. Doom was ok, SF2 was ok, Bomberman Im neutral on. Mario's odyssey I was like.... :confused: theres t-rexs and NYC stuff.....this isnt mario. And im not a fan of the N64 style mario. But......it's another one I spend too much time on when I play it. I almost didn't get mario and rabbits, not an rpg player really, but I have to say its pretty good. And I think it is super funny too. I really would like to see a mario and rabbits movie....it needs to happen. But the best game I played is Thimbleweed Park. I LOVE it sooooo much. I had my gallbladder out and it was the perfect game with the Switchs touchscreen to just prop on a pillow and play. So much like Maniac Mansion. I even got a poster of the panorama of the town. I know its not really a Switch only game but I loved to play a new game in that style and with pixel graphics too.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Sounds like some fun gaming...enjoy!!!

Anyone else planning on seeing Last Jedi soon?
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

I'm planning to see Last Jedi over the christmas break, I really enjoyed the Force Awakens.

Not sure if I can justify a Switch just yet, but I really need to catch up on the good 3DS games, I've really only played pokemon so far. Would like to get into Phoenix Write, Layton, Fire Emblem etc but have no idea which in the series to start with :p

I've been a bit quiet on the forums this year, life got busy. Moved to a new city and found/started a new job, so stitching has really just been knitting scarves on the train and stitching one or two presents.

So what is everyone doing for christmas break? Family, friends, travel or at home with a good book?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I haven't switched to the Switch yet, either. Partly because I'm still working on 3DS games, partly because I have so many things on my crafty wishlist...and partly because I haven't been able to find out if I have to have access to WiFi in order to use it and play the games. Does anyone know???

Glad you moved safely and that you found a new job! Hopefully you will be able to get some more stitching time in soon!

I'm planning on just chilling at home. My vacation starts today at 5 and I go back to work on the 2nd. Planning on going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow for craft supplies and TLJ on Monday. Then the only time I'm going out is church and maybe the grocery store. Just planning on spending time with my family, crafting A LOT, watching and reading things...and staying warm! Now they are even saying we might actually have a white Christmas this year!!! (we SO need the snow! The farmers in the area are really starting to stress about their fields...and I don't blame them!)

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

Hi ya'll! I lurk here maybe weekly, depends on how crazy things are on Fridays at work. But I'll be traveling in January so you probably won't hear much from me then. My church just finished putting on a production of "Its A Wonderful Life - The Musical" and I am exhausted! We actually have a really good amateur theater group there as part of our Creative Arts ministry branch, and its part of my holiday traditions to serve with them in the productions every year. Now its on to baking cookies for the coworkers and finishing Christmas presents! In the middle of all that, the Champions' Ballad DLC just came out for Zelda BOTW, I just got my copies of Horizon Collectors Edition and Okami HD in the mail, and I'm trying to finish off DQ7 on my 3DS so I can start DQ8. I love this time of year! ^_^

tyrannorus
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by tyrannorus »

I have also postponed on the switch because my list of in progress games is a mile long and there are still a few that I haven't even touched yet. I've been busy working and now preparing to move to a new city because I am going back to school. Between all of that and trying to get all my christmas cards and presents done my life has been pretty hectic but I am excited for spending the holidays with my family. I'm hoping to sneak in a little Star Wars over the break also, excited for this one

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

Tried to make a wreath for my place....it kinda worked. Now I have pine clippings all over my floor. Didn’t have a way to hang it on my door so I made a hook out of a butter knife...lol...don’t tell anyone.....