Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

daily check in

Anything goes!
Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: daily check in

Post by Pyper »

This year I need to stop playing games after work and get back to crafting instead, I've been in a real lull lately. Also toying with the idea of taking up beading and cardmaking again as I still have supplies from years ago, but not sure if that may be a bit much with the cross stitch, knitting, crochet I'm already doing and the embroidery, miniature making and painting, and quilting/general sewing I'm currently trying to learn.... Too many crafts, too many distractions :P
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

SO many crafts and games, so little time :P

Thinking of adding another active project to my pile...the kidlets I work with at church love the baby dolls in the closet and want to wrap them up all nice and snug (partly because there are a number of little siblings that came on to the scene in the last 18-24 months!)...but there's a shortage of blankets. And I have gifted yarn with no projects...i sense some simple granny squares coming on :P

We might get near 50°F this week...bring it on!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

Now there's an idea I haven't done yet - make a blanket for my niece's baby dolls! I might be able to actually get that done fairly quickly. ^_^

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I actually took the blanket with me to Church on Sunday. The lady I work with is wanting to learn to crochet...she has yarn and hooks, but hasn't had a chance to find a tutorial yet and really wanted to see someone stitching. So, the kids were settled down with snack and I broke out the project and went "Surprise!" and showed her the double crochet stitch (she already knew how to chain)...and one of the older girls (she's just barely 3) wanted to "help" me...so I had her sit on my lap and she held the hook, and I helped her stitch...it was TOO cute! We're thinking that while things are calm right now, there may be snack time craft time :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Firestarterr »

Hello all! The weather is finally starting to get nice here, the chickens have started laying eggs again, and the snow is starting to melt. Now I just have to decided if I want to start my veggies seeds now or be lazy and go buy them from the store. Hope everyone else is doing great!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay for spring...have fun deciding what to do about those seeds!

The greenhouse I usually get my plants from announced that they are going to be selling in my town again! (they are based in Kansas, I'm a state north :P)

FluffyBunnySlippers
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FluffyBunnySlippers »

Checking in! I'm trying to be more proactive with staying in touch and showing off my work. Right now, I'm focusing on getting enough inventory to open an Etsy shop. I also plan to do craft shows, conventions, and anywhere else that offers table space to vendors. Still setting up and doing paperwork to make it all legal.

Spring is slowly trying to gain purchase against winter here in Midwest USA. It's still cold, but the sun's out longer and more often. Good to see everyone doing well!
World's No. 1 Emotional Disaster

https://www.facebook.com/infinitestitchings/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's wonderful news...have fun!!!

And yay for Spring! (saw my first little flower here!)

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Firestarterr »

I do love looking at people WIP and finished projects (I am terrible at posting either of those). Yay getting stuff together for an Etsy. The conventions should be lots of fun, keep us all posted :D

I saw the start of my crocus flowers!!! Down side about spring for me is picking up all the dog poop I ignored when it snowed. So much poop :/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay for crocuses!!! (and good luck with all of the doggy presents!)

I saw a tiny little flower the other day! That was before it snowed again :P