Anything goes!
the_antithesis
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

This is kind of weird.

Post by the_antithesis »

So, some of you may recall I had posted this pattern a couple years ago:

So now I find this fleece on Amazon:

It's not a direct rip-off because I used the gameboy layout, which is why the maze is so cramped and they used the arcade. I just found it weird that they used the same movement pattern I did, you can tell by the cleared dots. I didn't really put that much thought into it when I did that. It's just where the ghosts happened to be if you follow that pattern.

So, nothing much to say. Just weird the similarities between this product and my project.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: This is kind of weird.

Post by blackmageheart »

It IS kinda weird!
I mean, it's inevitable that two or more people might have the same idea (I can definitely attest to that, for example myself and Lileya had the same idea once for a project!) and even more so if it's something really mainstream like Pacman. What I find weird is what you also find weird - that despite using a different sprite set the layout of the dots and ghosts etc is the same! The other thing that is puzzling me is the "GAME OVER" bit because it doesn't look like game over at all!
So, I guess they've maybe seen yours and tried to "update" it with the arcade sprites. Weird, though!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

the_antithesis
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by the_antithesis »

I think it is game over and in attract mode.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ah, you could be right there. I didn't think game over would still have 1Ps score, but to be honest it's been many moons since I even went near a Pacman cabinet! I still think it's odd with the layout though.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

the_antithesis
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by the_antithesis »

I just found a youtube video of the attract/demo mode, and that is exactly what happened. So it's even weirder that I matched the attract mode by moving randomly. I'm kind of bummed because I liked how that path helped tie the piece together, but it still works because I took it right from the attract mode.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

the_antithesis wrote:So it's even weirder that I matched the attract mode by moving randomly.
Wow! It's weird, but kinda interesting! :D