Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Headache remedies

Anything goes!
Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Headache remedies

Post by Firestarterr »

I have had this headache for like 3 days now :banghead: and I am not having any luck getting it to stop. Any remedies or advice? I am willing to try just about anything. Thanks

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: Headache remedies

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

If you take meds, try a combo of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and naproxen (Advil)
If looking for non-med remedies:
Place a bag of frozen veggies (or an ice pack) on the back of your head just at the base of your skull while also submerging your feet and hands in warm/hot water

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

If it might be caused by sinus pressure (even if you aren't feeling it in your sinuses), maybe try some decongestant. If the possible cause might be migraine related, try a good boost of B vitamins. Those help me. Hope you feel better soon!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blunt melee weapon
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by blunt melee weapon »

My mom used to het headaches and migraines frequently. They'd last for days and nothing seemed to help. She got this earpiercing (daith?) that is at an acupuncture point. She's only gotten one headache since she got it a year ago, and that was when she had a sinus infection. I know it isn't a solution for everyone, but if you get headaches frequently it may help.

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

It may also be muscular. I sometimes get headaches lasting days from tight head, neck and shoulder muscles (from too much computer/crafting). I find paracetamol, hot shower and massage helps. If you poke around at the muscles in your shoulders you may find knots (sore/harder spots) - work at those with fingers until they start giving a bit and relaxing. Stretches and large arm movements also help, as does lying on your back on a floor (carpet is best) with your knees bent until your spine relaxes and straightens out a bit.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/