Current Challenge - In Game Ads -

County Fair

Anything goes!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

County Fair

Postby cirestan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:48 am

So last year I was at the county fair... yippee.
But I saw there was a cross stitch category in the textile crafts competition.
So I said to myself, "Self, there aren't that many entries, I can come up with something that would have a pretty good shot at winning."
With that in mind, last year a freakin' Santa Claus won.
So give me some ideas. Images, that if you saw at a fair, would make you go, "Wow, that's cool."
Yes, I'm blatantly asking you to help me brainstorm.

I can make patterns. So the sky is the limit.
But I want something manageable and doable and won't take every second of free time over the next six months.
I live in Walking Dead Territory so maybe something along those lines, but I'm open to any ideas.
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: County Fair

Postby SheWhoRoars » Sun May 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Does it have to be fair themed?

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: County Fair

Postby Firestarterr » Sun May 01, 2016 6:12 pm

So, I am slightly bitter at county fairs. I enter stuff almost every year. One year, I submitted a P-40 Warhawk, and you know what won some tiny little stitch silhouette of a lady. That was it, nothing mind blowing or amazing. There was also mistakes. SO, my bitter self is pretty sure it is rigged.
I would try a landscape, maybe a silhouette of a lady but bigger, I would stay away from anything nerdy (from my experience), animals seem to be popular, as well as samplers. Good luck!! :wiz

Return to “Totally Off Topic”