Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Escape Rooms

Anything goes!
lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Escape Rooms

Post by lcockitt »

Has anyone played any of these? The basic idea is that you get locked in a room for an hour (usually, although it could be longer/shorter) and inside the room are clues to help you escape. Quite often the rooms are themed and full of puzzles and padlocks.

I've done quite a few (11) close to me, around Manchester in the UK. I've just booked a trip to Riga and noticed there are quite a few highly rated escape rooms there so am hoping to do a couple while I'm over there.

Just wondered if anyone else on the site had done these and enjoyed them, and which ones they'd recommend to others? I've done an amazing Victorian curiosity shop one and a pirate ship. But I've also done a couple of not so good ones, one of which was incredibly creepy and has since closed (not fun creepy - more "are we going to get out of this warehouse alive" creepy)/
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Escape Rooms

Post by blackmageheart »

I've only played the ones you can get on the Play store etc, but I would love to go to a real one!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

smoni
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by smoni »

Yes - love these! My partner and I just played one today in Bournemouth, but I reckon in total I've done almost 20. Mostly these are in London, but I've done a couple in Oxford and a couple in Paris.

The best ones I've played:
ClueQuest - London (they've just opened their third room, the first two have a huge variety of puzzles and are the most interactive)
Mystery Quest - Paris (lots of variety and the room was very well done)
Enigma Escape - London (very atmospheric, different puzzles to the rest)
Escape Rooms - London (two different rooms, challenging and varied)

If you've never done one of these, I'd highly recommend them, they're a fantastic activity for an hour, great for teamwork and problem solving and you'd be amazed by the variety out there.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

I'm heading down to London for the Crystal Maze thing in a couple of months - I think we're hoping to fit in an escape room while we're there so I'll be checking out the ones you've recommended. If you're ever looking for an escape room up north and want suggestions let me know!
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

smoni
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by smoni »

I'm very jealous of you doing the Crystal Maze! I want to do that, but looks like we won't be able to until December at the earliest.

Played the new ClueQuest room the other day, it was great! Very challenging and not a huge room, but we only managed to get out with four minutes to spare. I'd do the other CQ rooms first though...

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

I'm going to Arizona this week and we plan on going to one of these!!! I"m super excited to try it out. :D
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

SuperKJ
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SuperKJ »

I love these! My work did one in Bristol in the UK. We were split into four teams of about four or five. Three out of four teams made it out. We only made it out with two minutes to spare. It was a great experience, and it was challenging.

One has opened up in Exeter, where I live, so I'd like to try it with my husband or maybe my best friend, at some point.
Current WIPS:
Epic Pokemon Gen I