Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Fallout Themed Wedding

Anything goes!
PinkPoodle
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Fallout Themed Wedding

Post by PinkPoodle »

QueenBex wrote:Come to England! I live here! I can come to the wedding dressed as Piper.
That would be so awesome!

It's the second marriage for both of us, so we're sticking with simple. We met with the minister today and he asked to be paid in stimpacks. I think everything is going to be ok. He showed us a contemporary ceremony we really like.
Currently working on:
Tiki Room Cross Stitch
Large Skyrim Perler project
A quilt I really need to finish

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

This sounds really cool. We're getting married this summer and theming around gaming in general. I bought RPG dice for table decorations, and we're naming tables after places in games (Azeroth, Rokugan, etc). I like the idea of including geeky in the normal. So much fun.

I hope you'll post pics of your wedding afterwards. I bet it's going to be amazing. =)

PinkPoodle
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by PinkPoodle »

Figured I'd post some pictures of what we have so far. Sorry my pictures are so big, even when I edit them to be smaller on Photobucket they still show up huge on the forum.

My bouquet. Looks pretty wasteland-esque, I think.

Favor boxes and bottle caps

Decorations for the buffet table. It's kind of a 50's/Fallout theme as we're telling our non-gaming guests that it's 50's themed because they won't get the Fallout reference. We're going to have 50's style food like pinwheel sandwiches, deviled eggs, and ambrosia salad.

And this isn't video game themed, but this is my version of a guest book. We're going to Disneyland for our honeymoon. The guests sign the balloons. I thought this would be better than an actual book because we can hang it on the wall instead of just throwing a guest book in the closet. I still need to add the balloon strings and our names/date.

Our centerpieces will be mason jars filled about a quarter of the way with bullet casings, then some kind of flowers. I'm trying to get some used casing from my friends who hunt, but I might have to buy new ones from the local sporting goods store.
Currently working on:
Tiki Room Cross Stitch

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Wow, these all look great! I especially love the bouquet, and the alternative guest book is a brilliant idea.
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

These all look great...especially love the bouquet and what a fun idea for the guestbook!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

Wow this all looks amazing! Congratulations on getting married dont forget to share pictures with us :grin:
The decorations that you've made already are awesome! My fav is the NukaCola bottle.
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

PinkPoodle
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by PinkPoodle »

Thanks, everyone! The local shooting range gave me some shells, so we did a test for our centerpieces. I really like how they came out.

Currently working on:
Tiki Room Cross Stitch

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It looks great!!! :clapping:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson