Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Random Facts Corner

Anything goes!
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Random Facts Corner

Post by QueenBex »

Hello and welcome, thanks for joining us in Random Facts Corner!

To participate, just share random Facts, the more we learn, the closer we are to world domination or enlightenment or the jackpot on a TV quiz show.

My first random fact;
Penguins have the ability to cut off the blood supply to their feet in order to keep warm.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Random Facts Corner

Post by blackmageheart »

My new favourite fact:

There is a town in Norway called Hell, and it freezes over nearly every winter. :twisted:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

QueenBex wrote:My first random fact;
Penguins have the ability to cut off the blood supply to their feet in order to keep warm.
This might be a stupid question... do their feet get frost bite? Or are they okay?? I'm really worrying about these poor penguins right now.
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

LucyInTheSky wrote:
QueenBex wrote:My first random fact;
This might be a stupid question... do their feet get frost bite? Or are they okay?? I'm really worrying about these poor penguins right now.
They probably don't get frostbite otherwise they wouldn't do it. Apparently blood flow isn't cut off completely, but the arteries thin, slowing blood supply, they keep the temp just above freezing temperature but redirect blood flow to the rest of the body to keep warm.
Don't quote me on that, secondhand info and I gets confused.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

blackmageheart wrote:My new favourite fact:

There is a town in Norway called Hell, and it freezes over nearly every winter. :twisted:
Omg that's so awesome!!

Knitty-Kitty-Crafts
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Knitty-Kitty-Crafts »

Alligators are actually quite affectionate and enjoy being petted. There is a very big amount of sensitive nerves around their mouths.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Knitty-Kitty-Crafts wrote:Alligators are actually quite affectionate and enjoy being petted. There is a very big amount of sensitive nerves around their mouths.
Hahahahah, now that is one that I will take your word for and never test
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

In vampire bat colonies, a bat that hasn't found food (because they can only survive about 2 days without eating) will beg from others who will "donate" AKA throw up small amounts of blood they've eaten to sustain the starving bat. Also, a bat that has a full belly might seek out starving bats and initiate the donating of blood. Kinda sweet... gross, but sweet.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Ewww awww

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

When two people, who are in love, stare into each others eyes, their heart rates sync up