Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Happy news!

Anything goes!
AuntTink
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Happy news!

Post by AuntTink »

Good Luck getting your blanket done by May. I find Granny Square blankets are actually really quick to work up because you can pretty much take them everywhere (especially while waiting for your doctor appointments). I am jealous about the stockings, I really want to make ours as well but I have so many projects going on at the same time. Love the Baby Yoshi blanket too!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Have fun with all of your projects!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

I just posted a video series on how I'm making my Yoshi blanket. The granny square videos (Part 1 through 4) are not particularly groundbreaking, just a standard square. I did create the join technique for the last video, after trying several others and deciding to combine them to get the look I wanted. Take a look if you're interested! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... HiPRywGzy9
Spoiler
yb2.jpg
yb2.jpg (54.9 KiB) Viewed 6472 times

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Yoshi Crochet Blanket and other baby projects

Post by funkymonkey »

Hello everybody!

I've been away for a long time, I'm sorry! Been working like crazy on this blanket. Want to get it finished by May 1, so I hopefully will have it out of the way before my baby comes. She's due on May 13th!

Here's the last photo I took of the blanket, when it was at 50%:
Spoiler
yb3.jpg
yb3.jpg (114.72 KiB) Viewed 6382 times
This thing is HUGE! That's a king size bed it's laying on. Each square is ~4 inches. This no longer qualifies as a "baby blanket," we'll just go with "human blanket". Luckily we have a full size bed in the nursery (for now), so it will at least have a home in her room.

I'm currently at 65%. If you want to see my live progress, I have it charted on a website here: http://file.eknightmusic.com/yoshi.html

It also calculates how many squares I need to make/attach each day to stay on track and meet the deadline.

Other baby projects since my last post, I made a wall mobile for above her crib:
Spoiler
mobile.jpg
mobile.jpg (73.4 KiB) Viewed 6382 times
I saw this on a blog, but it didn't have instructions how to do it, just pictures. I plan to post a video and blog tutorial of how I made it.

I'm also still crankin on the Craft Hackers quiltalong, have finished the first three blocks:
Spoiler
nes-collage1.jpg
nes-collage1.jpg (60.68 KiB) Viewed 6382 times
AND made some baby "alligator booties" for my niece:
Spoiler
crochet-booties.jpg
crochet-booties.jpg (122.68 KiB) Viewed 6382 times
I also just finished quilting my turtle wall hanging, that was a kit I got in Hawaii a couple years ago, but it's so close to being done I'll wait until I have the binding attached to post a picture :)

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

That Yoshi blanket is looking amazing!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Great to hear from you, have been wondering how you're doing! Glad to see you have been keeping busy, the projects are wonderful!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Looks like you have been doing a lot of fun crafting!

Good luck getting things done!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Wow, amazing!!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Finished my turtle quilt wall hanging:
Spoiler
turtle.jpg
turtle.jpg (102.9 KiB) Viewed 6293 times
This was from a kit I got in Hawaii a couple years ago; finally got around to finishing it!

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

I love it! The background fabric sets it all off beautifully.
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/