Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Poll: What did you think of Avengers: Age of Ultron?

Anything goes!

What did you think of Age of Ultron?

I loved it!
28%
It was okay.
25%
I was disappointed.
14%
It was boring.
3%
Too much romance.
3%
It was offensive.
No votes
I haven't seen it, but I want to.
19%
I haven't seen it, and I have no desire to.
6%
Other
3%
I don't care at all.
No votes

Total votes: 36

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Poll: What did you think of Avengers: Age of Ultron?

Post by starrley »

Now, this is a pretty specific poll question, but also a somewhat polarizing one. (Heh, heh, puns.)
So, what did you think? If you've seen it. If you'd care to comment. Or just click an option. It's all good.
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Poll: What did you think of Avengers: Age of Ultron?

Post by Pyper »

I thought it was good, but not quite as great as the first Avengers, or Guardians. There were a couple of plot points I felt could have used more work to flow properly. It kind of felt like the release deadline snuck up on them, and they pulled an all nighter cobbling together a 'good enough' movie rather than a great one.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Have yet to see it. Still slightly behind on Phase 2, so need to wait until I'm all caught up. And it's really hard for me to get to the theater any more.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

I don't think you have enough good options. I'm not in the 'loving it' camp, but I do think it was better than just ok. Currently its like your poll goes from 10 to 5 and then all the way down.

I liked it. I enjoyed it. I don't think it was as good as the first, but then it never was going to be because they had too much to do. They did do what they did well, though and overall I enjoyed the experience.
Spoiler
Peggy and Mrs Hawkeye made me cry. In a good way.

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

Went to see this with my boyfriend, who is a HUGE Marvel fan. I have read the occassional comic, seen the occassional show, but am fairly neutral towards the whole thing. I had not read any comics relating to Age of Ultron before seeing the movie.

Oh my god so much discussion coming out of the theatre.
Spoiler
First: I think it was a good movie, liked the humour, liked that they fleshed out Hawkeye and liked the Black Widow/Hulk thing (but haaaated the conclusion of that, I am fairly done with 'tough guy decides he must break woman's heart for her own good'. What are you, 15? How about you communicate like adults?). But it was too busy. I understand it's a complicated story line, but as someone who was not familiar with the story it was just too chaotic. I can't believe that their target audience is only people who know the whole story already. Also, because it is so crowded, a lot of decisions stop making sense. Particularly the creating of a second AI after the first one turned out so great. I was so annoyed by this whole sequence, especially because it magically did turn out ok when there was in fact no reason to think it would.
And finally: I know it's a superhero movie and we must make certain allowances, but the whole meteor thing was so, so stupid. One, their original plan should have been to jetisson the thing into space, not break it up into several pieces whose combined impact would be as bad as the impact of the original thing (also, thing was not big enough to cause an extinction event). Two, they actually rise above the clouds - both Avengers and civilians would suffocate, freeze, suffer all manner of health complaints you might expect when being taken up into the air strapped to the outside of an airplane. I use up all my suspension of disbelief on the various superheroes running around doing impossible things, I can't be expected to also ignore the existence of the laws of physics.
... Okay that was long. I guess I had a few things to say about that.

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I have yet to watch the movie, but my hubby saw it and felt it really didn't have a plot at all. I really liked the first Avengers movie, and his opinion makes me unsure about this one.

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

SofaraStarfyre wrote:I have yet to watch the movie, but my hubby saw it and felt it really didn't have a plot at all. I really liked the first Avengers movie, and his opinion makes me unsure about this one.
I think the plot kind of gets lost in the chaos. Like, there is a plot in there, but it feels like condensing several movies worth of plot into one movie which then has to consist of a certain % of action scenes because that's the genre. I would class this as 'fun popcorn flick', brain in neutral, but yeah, I preferred the first one as well.

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

No spoilers here.
I saw it this last weekend. It was enjoyable. There was enough action and special effects to keep a person entertained, but honestly, that was about it.
There were just too many plot contrivances, leaps of faith, and gloss overs to create a story that a viewer could really be interested in. A lot of the dialogue seemed forced, flat, and recycled. I'm kind of tired of the whole, "Hey you just tried to kill me, but now I trust you completely," storyline. And the leaps that Stark and Banner made developing A.I. was just stupid.
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

Elle
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Elle »

I honestly really enjoyed it- the only thing was that some of the humor felt a little forced. I still laughed, but I felt like I could see them setting up jokes, and that annoyed me