Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Favorite Board/Tabletop Game?

Anything goes!
Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Favorite Board/Tabletop Game?

Post by Mishatu »

My boyfriend and I love to play cards against humanity with our friends, but sometimes we don't have very many people... In that case, we've invented a character from the top of the deck called Tod. Every round, people put in their cards and someone grabs Tod's cards for him off the deck. If no one claims the winning cards as their own, the win is attributed to Tod. Feisty little bugger is surprisingly good at the game!

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I've been looking at the card game A Duel Betwixt Us, anyone have it or tried it out? Is it any good?
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

fangy89
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by fangy89 »

The Resident Evil deck building games are my absolute favorite, followed closely by Lord of The Rings/Hobbit and Star Trek :p Call of Cthulu is really good too, as well as Pixel Lincoln, Boss Monster, Evolution, Cards Against Humanity (need more expansions and people to play with haha), Gloom, and Once Upon a Time (which is SUCH a fun game after a few drinks!). I'm also a sucker for old games like Lego Time Cruisers, Mouse Trap, Hydro Strike, and Guess Who....I'm just forever a child haha

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

I love SmashUp. Everyone is 2 factions (dinosaurs, robots, aliens, pirates, ninjas, etc etc), you take the decks for your factions and shuffle them together. You then try to get more points than your opponents. Each faction has its own strengths. Love love love it
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

MonkeyCatcher
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by MonkeyCatcher »

I've just started building up a decent board game collection and my favourite at the moment is Letters from Whitechapel (a Jack the Ripper themed game), although I like any kind of co-operation game really!

Mallybird
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Mallybird »

Yay! I love Munchkins! I have a whole bunch of different versions. I love it when you end up as an elven warrior sailing a Spanish Galleon, with a French Accent, with a lvl 20 dragon as your steed! :)

My other all time favorite game is Castles of Burgundy. Besides having CoB nights with my friends, my family (who were really not Euro game players previously) loved this game! I highly, highly, highly, recommend it.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

My all time favorite board game is one from the 80s called Titan. It's one of those games my dad, brother, and I would play. It would literally take up our kitchen table and if we couldn't get it finished before the weekend was over we'd each take our turns when we could (like Dad would take his turn before he left for work. He'd leave the tiles up that he'd recruited so we'd know and then whoever was next would do the same etc). There were games that went on for more than a week until Mom would just make us put it up because it was monopolizing her table. LOL! After I left the house I found a copy on Ebay (actually a friend of mine found it and bought it and ended up leaving it with us) and we played a few times until my daughter lost a bunch of the pieces as a toddler. I still have it and I keep hoping I can find my missing tile pieces. :\

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28game%29

Kittendumpling
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Kittendumpling »

I think my favourite board game is Arkham Horror, though I also like Warhammer Quest.

My favourite tabletop rpg is Apocalypse World, hands down. It's simple to just pick up and play, and the player-generated nature of it means it's always different.

smoni
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by smoni »

I really like Tokaido, which is a game about a walk through Japan. It's a really beautiful game. By the same designer is Hanabi, a co-operative game about creating a fireworks display. I also really like Dominion, which is a deck building game. If only it was easier to store! Another recent discovery is Wok Star, a co-op game about running a Chinese restaurant.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I've played Hanabi, and so want to play Tokaido.

I keep missing my chance to play Colt Express.

Phoenix deck building game is soooo beautiful.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC