Favorite Board/Tabletop Game?

Anything goes!
CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Favorite Board/Tabletop Game?

Post by CitrusOda »

Hello! :D
I was wondering if anyone knew of any cool games? Or if anyone had any cool stories to share.
I really like playing munchkins, settlers of catan. But lately I have been playing a game called Tanto Cuore, its a really "anime" game. Its a deck building game with the goal of trying to get the most points, and all the cards have pictures of maids on them.
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Favorite Board/Tabletop Game?

Post by Pyper »

Catan, Dominion and 7 Wonders are the current favorite boardgames here, and Game of Thrones whenever my bf can find enough people willing to play it with him :p One of our friends has a copy of Tales of the Arabian Nights, and that is a lot of fun, though it can take quite a while.

Does DnD count as tabletop? I just finished playing a campaign using Pathfinder, and am thinking of running a game of CthuluTech (lovecraftian horror meets giant mecha)

I've been meaning to get back to painting up an Eldar Warhammer 40k army too :) And possibly a couple of models from other races/systems just because they look awesome.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

I've been watching TableTop with Wil Wheaton and now I want all the games! My hubby bought me Ticket to Ride and Love Letter for my birthday. Haven't played the second one yet, but Ticket to Ride is great. My "I don't play board games" husband played it and thought it was okay. I also really like Guillotine and trivia games. Hoping to branch out more sometime. :D
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

I really like Pandemic and Flashpoint.

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

I like Risk, BUT I found out a year or two ago that not all versions of Risk are the same: in some countries, there are assignments, e.g. 'conquer all of Asia and 3 other countries' or 'destroy the black armies' or 'occupy 17 countries with at least 3 armies each'. This version is the one I grew up with and the one I love. However, in other countries there are no assignments and everyone just tries to destroy everyone else and the last one standing is the winner. No fun at all...

Apart from that, I like Forbidden Desert, which is a cooperative boardgame; and my boyfriend and I are enthusiastic Star Wars: X-wing players. Good travel games are Set (although this is a you-love-it-or-you-hate-it game, with not much in between) and Kwatro.

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

I like munchkin, my friend has the normal version and I have to zombie one. So we chop and change what one we play. She also got ticket to ride and 7 wonders after Christmas, so we have been playing those.
I would like to try zombiesuide but it's quite expensive.
And I may have a slight obsession with monopoly for some reason, I have lots of different versions of it.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Durrr... how could I forget?

Cards Against Humanity.

Siva
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Siva »

I LOVE tabletop games :yahoo: but because of them my crafting doesn't get as much love as it once did :cry:

Recently I have been playing a lot of Star Wars Imperial Assault, Chaos in the Old World, Castles of Burgundy, Dungeon Pets, Lost Cities, Relic, Arcadia quest, Ticket to Ride..... I can go on forever!!! Right now my boyfriend and I own about 75 board games with new ones being added regularly.

Oh and I just did my first game of Twilight Imperium 3 last month!!!! After 9 hours of playing someone had to leave and we still weren't done.I think there was about another 2 hours left to complete it.

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by wozz90 »

I'm addicted to 'Dead man's hand' tabletop game at the minute it's so much fun!

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Should I go 'Old Skool' and say my favorite tabletop game is Avalon's Titan. I'm so mad because my daughter got into it as a toddler and lost about 10-15 pieces from it. :( Been trying to find somewhere I can get replacements but Avalon went out of business a long time ago and it was bought by someone else who remade it but the pieces look like crap. Lol!