Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Fire at the Port of Vancouver

Anything goes!
Livingdeadgirl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Fire at the Port of Vancouver

Post by Livingdeadgirl »

Yesterday at around 230 pm PST I heard all the sirens going off at the port behind my house. I live in an artist industrial building, so in my neighborhood i am one residential building in a sea of Ports and industrial businesses. Well usually the port alarms are not that big a deal but my whole studio was blanketed in a chlorine scented smoke!!!!
According to the news which we had to follow for 4 hours last night a shipping container caught on fire (it was full of an industrial pool disinfectant) and burned plus two other containers all night!

Pretty scary!! We were told by the city health people to close our windows and doors and "shelter in place". We did not evacuate but it was so scary!!!! I am glad all worked out but holy smokes I wouldn't want that fear again!!!

According to the news it is still burning this morning but under control. I haven't opened my windows as I can still smell the smoke this morning with them closed.

Was curious if any other Vancouverites were on this site and saw this event too?

http://www.news1130.com/2015/03/04/chem ... vancouver/
http://www.news1130.com/2015/03/05/posi ... vancouver/
---livingdeadgirl---

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Fire at the Port of Vancouver

Post by Firehawke »

Glad you are safe!!! Sounds scary!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

SarynKitamo
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by SarynKitamo »

I saw it on the news, but I'm out in Surrey/Langley. Lots of my friends were in the area. Glad no one was hurt!

Livingdeadgirl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Livingdeadgirl »

me too!

and then again on monday a warehouse downtown went up. right next to the two warehosues where the fabric is stored for the store i work at !! we almost lost our stock!
---livingdeadgirl---

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yikes! Glad that the stock was safe!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson