Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Walking to Mordor

Anything goes!
lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Walking to Mordor

Post by lcockitt »

It seems that a few people fancy the challenge of walking to Mordor, so I thought I'd start a new thread for it :grin:

I've put together a spread sheet, which I hope is user friendly! There are two sheets - the first one is to put cumulative miles/km to see how far you've travelled since the start and the second sheet allows you to keep a weekly record in case you're interested in comparing to previous weeks. I thought that the 1st March would be a good start date, giving people time to decide if they want to join up. Don't worry if you decide you want to join up after the start - latecomers are more than welcome to the party!

Here's a link to the spread sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Remember - this is just for fun and is not a race!

(I'm not a spread sheet or Google document whizz so please let me know if you're struggling to open this or if I've made any errors! I may have done this in a rush on my lunch break...)
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Walking to Mordor

Post by Kareesh »

Looks good. Though I believe it's spelled "Hobbiton". ;)

I had thought about doing something like this, but wasn't quite sure how to do it.

Also, just going to drop this link here for people who want even more details about where they are at. Super detailed information
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

concraftidor
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by concraftidor »

YAY! I was hoping someone would make a thread for this. I want to find a clever way to document the project however. Anyone have any good ideas?
Conquering crafting - one medium at a time!
http://www.concraftidora.wordpress.com

Family Tree Sampler (90% done)
Christmas Stocking (70% done)
Epic Pokemon Generation I (1/30 pages)
Three Wolf Moon (10% done)

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

What's going on, what's happening? Where's my handkerchiefs?
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Yes. In.
Spoiler

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

concraftidor wrote:YAY! I was hoping someone would make a thread for this. I want to find a clever way to document the project however. Anyone have any good ideas?
I was once a part of a Facebook group that did this. They actually had a site that had a page for each "stop" and on that page was a list of people who had made it to that destination. Were you thinking something like that, concraftidor? We could do something like that but perhaps keep it all on a thread that gets updated or something like that.

The GoogleDocs thing would also work as well. :)

June List
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Is this basically recording how many steps you do in a day and then relating it to the journey to Mordor?

My 3ds records my steps, so I could easily join in.

I'm guessing this was discussed in the healthy eating etc thread which I don't visit...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

QueenBex wrote:Is this basically recording how many steps you do in a day and then relating it to the journey to Mordor?
Yes, though it's done in miles/kilometres which you can convert from steps if need be.

June List
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

You know, this might just be the motivation I need to start walking to work again, instead of taking the bus every day... Can I join this if I can only estimate how far I walk each day? I don't have a step counter or anything like that.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Kareesh wrote:Looks good. Though I believe it's spelled "Hobbiton". ;)
You are completely correct! I spelt it right once and then rushed fingers got it wrong. I'll fix it now :)

QueenBex wrote:Is this basically recording how many steps you do in a day and then relating it to the journey to Mordor?

My 3ds records my steps, so I could easily join in.
Yep! You'll just need to convert the steps to distance, which shouldn't be too tricky - just measure how far you travel over ten steps and use that info to work out how far you travel each day/week! Let me know if you're struggling.
Aegidia wrote:You know, this might just be the motivation I need to start walking to work again, instead of taking the bus every day... Can I join this if I can only estimate how far I walk each day? I don't have a step counter or anything like that.
Sure can! The more the merrier. It's a long trip and extra company is always welcome. No need for fancy equipment.
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/