trash artist
1%
other
5%

Total votes: 345

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: New Poll - Which craft(s) do you do?

Post by Aegidia »

lcockitt wrote:"You have picked too many options for this poll"... ooops. Maybe my partner is right and I have too many hobbies!
Are we the same person? I had the same problem and appear to have the same partner ;)

(new here!) I do sewing, mostly clothing but also plushies and some quilting. I further occupy myself with drawing/painting, knitting and crochet. I'm also just getting into embroidery and weaving, but those are probably not going to show up in any videogame-related crafts soon.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Aegidia wrote:I'm also just getting into embroidery and weaving, but those are probably not going to show up in any videogame-related crafts soon.
Oh there's plenty of VG embroidery! Dunno about weaving though. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

A long time ago, before kids (BK), I painted miniatures.
I even won some competitions and had minis featured in some magazines and on some websites.
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

concraftidor
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by concraftidor »

Only 5?!?!? Impossible!!!

But seriously though, i've at least dabbled in all of these. Art school gives you so many opportunities to try things! Printmaking and cross-stitch are my main mediums at the moment however, and metalsmithing when I have studio access.
Conquering crafting - one medium at a time!
http://www.concraftidora.wordpress.com

Family Tree Sampler (90% done)
Christmas Stocking (70% done)
Epic Pokemon Generation I (1/30 pages)
Three Wolf Moon (10% done)

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Cross stitch, sewing (not really good at it yet and I make simple stuff), and embroidery (just starting on this and am not real great at it either). I used to make jewelry, but have since put it aside, and also used to play with polymer clay. Still have the materials for both of those things, but really don't do anything with them right now. I had an epiphany about a year or two or more ago now that what I really enjoy is the cross stitching more than anything else. I did also dabble in découpage when I was a kid. Really enjoyed it. It was fun cutting out pics and gluing them down on projects and such. Might have to start that again later in the future when I have time or a project that just screams for it.

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

blackmageheart wrote:
Aegidia wrote:I'm also just getting into embroidery and weaving, but those are probably not going to show up in any videogame-related crafts soon.
Oh there's plenty of VG embroidery! Dunno about weaving though. :)
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that there is no VG embroidery! Just that, as I am only just getting started with it, it will probably take some time for it to show up in MY vg crafts :)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Aegidia wrote:Oh, I didn't mean to imply that there is no VG embroidery! Just that, as I am only just getting started with it, it will probably take some time for it to show up in MY vg crafts :)
I see! Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Although...I think you'll get to it sooner than you think :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

spbrat7731
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by spbrat7731 »

XStitch, crochet, perler, knitting (not very well, yet), and I just started bead weaving after seeing a beaded Link and Zelda on this site.

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

Mishatu wrote:Why do I have a nagging suspicion that lace making is on the list because of me? xD
Oh good grief, I was looking for the post of whoever made lace :D I swear you must be a wizard :wiz Where did you learn to do it??

The only two I chose in the poll are cross stitching and painting, because those are the only ones I really DO. But in the past I've dabbled in crochet, quilting, sewing, mosaics, clay sculpting, and papercraft! I have some on the list, too, of what I'd like to do. I'd really like to do more with all of those, excluding papercraft because I'm terrible, and I'd like to start trying the lacemaking, or tatting, I'm not sure if there is a difference? Good grief, there just isn't enough time or space for all of the things!

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

The crochet lace is just modified practice from what I've done in the past, but the bobbin lace stuff I picked up from http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/lace/. I forget what originally piqued my interest in it, but I don't think I'll be giving it up any time soon.