trash artist
1%
other
5%

Total votes: 345

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: New Poll - Which craft(s) do you do?

Post by Pyper »

I've been meaning to pick up chainmail for a while, but yet to get around to it. Is there much initial setup required? Do you cut your own rings? I'd also be interested in casting and etching, but not in my current place.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

I do a bit of maille. Mostly some of the heavier stuff, although I hesitate to call it armor xD I'd love to get into some of the jewelry work, but I've got enough projects on my plate, especially with pharmacy school :(

Siva
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Siva »

Mishatu wrote:
Siva wrote:So right now my crafts are painting minis, embroidery, book binding, wood burning, and lace making (using bobbins). Since Star Wars Imperial Assault recently came out I've been mostly painting but hopefully I'll get to work on other projects soon.
Yay bobbin lace making! -fist bump-

You make bobbin lace too!?!?!?! Yay!!!

I just started and am having a hard time finding any good tutorials, info, etc. Do you have any resources you use? Right now I only know of a group 2 hours away in the bay area that keeps meeting up on days that I can't travel that far :(

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

Siva wrote:
Mishatu wrote:
Siva wrote:So right now my crafts are painting minis, embroidery, book binding, wood burning, and lace making (using bobbins). Since Star Wars Imperial Assault recently came out I've been mostly painting but hopefully I'll get to work on other projects soon.
Yay bobbin lace making! -fist bump-

You make bobbin lace too!?!?!?! Yay!!!

I just started and am having a hard time finding any good tutorials, info, etc. Do you have any resources you use? Right now I only know of a group 2 hours away in the bay area that keeps meeting up on days that I can't travel that far :(
http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/lace/

I've found this site to be absolutely wonderful. The maker has done some animations to illustrate the steps. I can spend oodles of time just looking at her site and learning, rather than actually working the craft xD

BooChocoBoom
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by BooChocoBoom »

I am all over the place - a crafting fool! Cross stitch, perlers, painting, embroidery, crochet, clay, jewelry, felties (I'm looking all around the office and finding more supplies to various things I've picked up over the years)...there are probably more that I am forgetting.
Current projects:
Leftover swap gifts
HP House Scarves
Secret of Mana charity square
Vid game advent calendar

scarletstitcher
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by scarletstitcher »

I tend to stick to one type of craft until I get sick of it. I started with knitting but realized that crocheting was actually easier for me and that it went a lot faster. I ran out of things to make, so I've been cross stitching like crazy. At the moment I'm obsessed with making cross stitch pins, even though I don't have enough places to pin them to.

Lalina
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Lalina »

I selected cross stitch, crochet, sewing, and other. My others are chainmaille and beadwork. Making beaded earrings based off of video game sprites is what brought me to this website and revamped my interest in cross stitching.
Current Projects:
- Game of Thrones/Mario World Mash-up (cross-stitch)

superherolover93
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by superherolover93 »

I used to only be interested in beading and making lots of crafts that way, but I recently heard about a new bead type called Simbrix. No annoying ironing! Would reccomend you guys check it out!