Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Giants!

Anything goes!
Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Giants!

Post by Ally »

So, I'm from Perth, Western Australia. This weekend, in an overly elaborate gesture of 'f-you' to the idea that our state is a cultural wasteland (which, yeah, maybe...), we had the Giants from Royal de Lux walk through the city as a part of the Perth International Arts Festival, and I had the opportunity to be a volunteer at the event!
Spoiler
photo-4.JPG
photo-4.JPG (91.53 KiB) Viewed 3450 times
Spoiler
photo-3.JPG
photo-3.JPG (140.09 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Spoiler
photo-2.JPG
photo-2.JPG (121.29 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Spoiler
photo2.jpg
photo2.jpg (148.47 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Spoiler
photo1.jpg
photo1.jpg (144.85 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Folks from Liverpool, UK way will recognise them, since they were there last year. Since the Giants event was a moving parade, I was part of a group of people who held tape around the perimeter to keep people out and the Lilliputians (the folks who manipulate the Giants into moving) safe. Hence, I also walked with the Giants as they traversed their routs throughout the city. It was brutal; a little over 20 hours of walking, and nearly 20 kilometres of ground covered over the course of two and a half days. (I'd hate to think how the poor Lilliputians are feeling, though...). Discounting the odd Attack in Titan vibes I initially got from them, and the fact that my feet hurt and my legs are still cramping, I can honestly say that walking with the Giants was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had. If Royal de Lux ever bring the Giants to your corner of the world, go see them, and volunteer if you can; it was truly epic on a scale I can hardly put into words!

edited to add: I haven't the foggiest idea what's happening with these pics. Maybe it's an iPhone thing. The formatting is normal and everything is right-way-up in my file, but when I stick them here, they go all upside-downside. Perhaps some modly intervention, please?
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Giants!

Post by RMDC »

That sounds like some intense walking, but just looking at the pictures I can imagine the creepy majesty of seeing the giants move! :)
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

Ally wrote:Discounting the odd Attack in Titan vibes I initially got from them...
I had never heard of these before, but that was exactly what I thought of when I looked at the pictures. Very cool and somewhat creepy.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

That sounds really cool!