Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Looking for people to make video tutorials for Craft Hackers

Anything goes!
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Looking for people to make video tutorials for Craft Hackers

Post by tnitnetny »

Just like the title says, I am looking for people to make video tutorials to feature on the Craft Hacker you tube channel.

It could be on any techniques, guides, how to's, what ever you can think of. You can make them just because you want something, or to promote you or your website, completely up to you!

The one I REALLY want it a tutorial on how to turn a sprite or scene into a pattern. With the surge of interest from new people in the charity quilts, I think it would be a good tool to include in the thread for those too shy to ask for help with their patterns.

Anyone interested? I can help you with any video editing you may need (either do it for you or help you to learn).

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Looking for people to make video tutorials for Craft Hac

Post by funkymonkey »

I'm in!

Would you want it to be one long(er) video, or break it down into prep work/editing, and separate ones for using pc stitch and kg chart? I'm thinking 3 separate videos (that link to eachother) may be more useful than one long one.

My work laptop has screen capture software, so that will be handy :)

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Hmmm. I see your point for 3 separate videos. As long as each one has a definite separate topic so if someone is looking for "x" they know to go to video 2. I just don't want what happened with our first craft hacker panel and have it get cut right in the middle (that was my father's camera man work).

Email me at tnitnetny@yahoo.com and we can figure out the particulars. :D Yay!!

So now that the video for making your own patterns is taken care of, anyone else have any tricks, tips, tutorials they want to share?

TwinklingMia
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by TwinklingMia »

I have been meaning to do a photo-reel type video for the massive collage I'm working on. But I keep forgetting to take pictures as I complete a section or color. I'm more than halfway through with the whole project and soon as I finish and get the vid made I will let you know and you can tell me if you'd like to use it or not. It wouldn't so much be a tutorial as a "Hey I took the sprites from this game and made it into something AWESOME!"
Current Projects:
Kingdom Hearts:CoM collage (7/11 complete)

TwinklingMia
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by TwinklingMia »

ALSO... I'm just gonna leave this here:
iphone5_sprite_sm.png
iphone5_sprite_sm.png (133.82 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
Current Projects:

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

TwinklingMia wrote:I have been meaning to do a photo-reel type video for the massive collage I'm working on. But I keep forgetting to take pictures as I complete a section or color. I'm more than halfway through with the whole project and soon as I finish and get the vid made I will let you know and you can tell me if you'd like to use it or not. It wouldn't so much be a tutorial as a "Hey I took the sprites from this game and made it into something AWESOME!"
That would be awesome. I would LOVE to see it!

Oh and if everyone didn't catch the video tutorial that funkymonkey made, check them out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC13AmR ... PUDqPn-DQ/

TwinklingMia
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by TwinklingMia »

No promises but I'm gonna see if I can do a short tutorial on cross stitching onto a t-shirt based on my upcoming challenge entry. Charging the camera tomorrow.
Current Projects:

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Man, this makes me want to go buy a GoPro. And learn video editing skills. Neither of which do I have either time or money for.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

TwinklingMia wrote:No promises but I'm gonna see if I can do a short tutorial on cross stitching onto a t-shirt based on my upcoming challenge entry. Charging the camera tomorrow.
Yay! That would be awesome!