Anything goes!
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: Good news everyone!

Post by QueenBex »

LinkIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Kareesh wrote:I think I know the name already...."Link". Right? [emoji14]
One of the names being considered is Lincoln...Link for short ;)
Yes!!!

Lincoln is a great name!!! :)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

WickedStitches
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by WickedStitches »

LinkIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Kareesh wrote:I think I know the name already...."Link". Right? [emoji14]
One of the names being considered is Lincoln...Link for short ;)
That's awesome! Congratulations! Maternity leave will be a great time for stitching and crafting for your boy! :grin:
Currently stitching:
Hyrule light world map (~30%)

m4pl3g1rl
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by m4pl3g1rl »

Belated Congrats!

My son rode low and forward so I hear ya on that back and hip pain! You'll forget about all of it the moment they stick him in your arms!
ImageImageImageImage

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

Hellfire wrote:At least you know what colour to buy stuff in now. :)
Boys can wear pink, and girls can wear blue, or any other colour you think they would look good in! If you do go with Lincoln, maybe a green jumpsuit or two? :Link

I hope the rest of the pregnancy continues to be smooth, and that he is born nice and healthy :nod
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

Another update for those interested.

I am currently in the middle of my 30th week, so less than three months to go!

I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which isn't surprising since I have PCOS and am overweight. It isn't bad enough that I need to use insulin, just need to manage it with diet and exercise. I am now the proud owner of a glucometer and my fingertips are none too happy about it. Haha.

My sister came over last weekend and painted the nursery. It's going to have an ocean theme so we went with a light aqua color. Hubby and I have ordered a crib and a dresser which should arrive in the next couple of weeks.

And, the most important piece of news: Little Dude's name has been decided! ::drumroll:: Lincoln (Link) James :D

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

So close now! Bet you're getting excited! The name is super cute!

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Woo! Love the name! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies by?
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

What a great name!

Good luck with your gestational diabetes!

I bet the nursery is going to look super cute!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

Been a minute since I've updated you guys on the pregnancy. As of Monday, June 1, I am at 36 weeks - I've hit the home stretch! My gestational diabetes has been relatively under control. I did have to make some diet changes, added some additional walking after meals, and am on 20 units of insulin at bedtime, but all of that has resulted in blood sugar numbers that are within a safe range and I shouldn't pass anything to little dude or end up with type 2 diabetes after birth. Woohoo! Now, due to have GD, I have been visiting the OB every week and have to get ultrasounds done and non-stress tests, which just means I've spent entirely too much time at my OB's office and at the hospital for this stuff, but it's all to make sure both me and baby are fine and no complications are arising. Also due to the GD, babies tend to grow larger in the shoulder/chest area, making vaginal delivery difficult or even impossible. I am having a growth scan (special ultrasound) done next week and it will, hopefully, tell my OB if we need to induce labor early or even have to schedule a c-section. Definitely hoping that if either of those have to happen, just the induction/early delivery will be necessary. I've heard healing from c-sections is even worse than the healing from vaginal birth.

As far as the whole stay home/go back debate, currently, I am planning on going back to work. I plan to take a full 12 weeks (the most covered by FMLA) off work. I am going to get short-term disability for some of that, so at least there will be a little bit of cash flow from my end coming in, but it's only 60% of what I bring home normally. Better than nothing, I suppose. We have not found child care, yet, but we plan to do some research and interviewing while I'm off work.

And finally, I would like to share some pics of the nursery. My lovely sister decided the room needed a fresh coat of paint and she paid for and did all the work on that front.
Spoiler

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Firestarterr »

Oh my goodness!!!! That is super cute! I love the theme! Plus the little link is awesome!