Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Yay, I just got some custom retro fabric swatches!

Anything goes!
LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Yay, I just got some custom retro fabric swatches!

Post by LPSM »

I hope that this is the right section for this. It didn't seem right to post it in Misc Craft Projects, since I haven't actually made anything with these yet!

Anyway, I just got these swatches in from my Spoonflower shop today, and I just had to post about them, as I'm very happy with how they turned out. :D They're all retro-themed fabric designs. Two of them are game-related tribute pieces, and one is a fabric based on a classic book. All of them are made from public domain images.

This first one is called "Questing Pirate Monkey", and it was inspired by Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest.

This one is titled "Oh No!", and it pays tribute to Lemmings.

And this one, "Mischievous Koala", is a monochrome print based on the public domain book, The Complete Adventures of Blinky Bill.

I can't wait for the rest of my swatches to get here, now. :D

Anyway, I hope that you guys like these as much as I do!

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Yay, I just got some custom retro fabric swatches!

Post by Ally »

I love Spoonflower! They do some awesome prints - I got a few Harry Potter and Pokemon themed ones last year and made them into little cushion covers. I really like the Diddy Kong's Quest one, and the Blinky Bill one is cute, too! I grew up with the Blinky Bill cartoon, but I didn't know it came from a book!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Those are so cute!

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

They really are brilliant arrangements. Using public domain images to pay tribute to games is a great idea!
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by LPSM »

Ally wrote:I love Spoonflower! They do some awesome prints - I got a few Harry Potter and Pokemon themed ones last year and made them into little cushion covers. I really like the Diddy Kong's Quest one, and the Blinky Bill one is cute, too! I grew up with the Blinky Bill cartoon, but I didn't know it came from a book!
There's some fantastic designers on there. Thanks for the compliments on my designs, too. :)

As far as Blinky Bill goes, I was introduced to him via the 1992 animated movie when it was shown on one of the BBC's channels here in 1993, because the BBC part-funded the subsequent TV series. The book's great fun too, though the "original" Blinky is a fair bit meaner than the 1990s version is, and the upcoming CGI version is likely to be! (And now it's in the public domain, there's no excuse not to give it a look.)
Eliste wrote:Those are so cute!
Thanks very much. :D
RMDC wrote:They really are brilliant arrangements. Using public domain images to pay tribute to games is a great idea!
Thanks also. :thumbsup: I really like the challenge presented by sticking to using only public domain images and making them fit a design, and I prefer it to just dropping pre-made official artwork into a project.