Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Poll: What scares you the most? (Trigger warning)

Anything goes!

Poll: What scares you the most?

spiders
13%
clowns
3%
earthquakes
1%
animals (specify)
1%
zombies
3%
cemeteries
No votes
witches
No votes
vampires
No votes
werewolves
No votes
corpses
No votes
tsunamis
No votes
caves
No votes
heights
17%
crowds
10%
dolls
1%
germs
5%
mummies
No votes
tornadoes
No votes
quicksand
No votes
the dark
7%
creepy sounds
5%
haunted houses
3%
evil spirits
No votes
confined spaces (claustrophobia)
8%
fire
2%
other (please comment!)
19%

Total votes: 86

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Poll: What scares you the most? (Trigger warning)

Post by starrley »

Some people love scary things, and some people hate them. (I included a trigger warning.) Here are some common things that people are afraid of. These are physical things, not situations (which would make another good list. Well, some of them are sort of situational. This isn't easy!) You get to choose your top 3. As always, there is an "other" option, and no matter what you choose, please comment away!
spider-clipart-280x168.gif
spider-clipart-280x168.gif (5.88 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

anarchyash3
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Poll: What scares you the most? (Trigger warning)

Post by anarchyash3 »

So I picked two: other and crowds. Crowds don't really scare me as much as they make me uncomfortable. As for the 'other' I am INSANELY terrified of public trashcans (like I will have a panic attack if I have to throw my trash away at the mall or something) and vomit/vomiting. I also am afraid of any sort of natural disaster but I think that's normal.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."-Einstein
:mush :Link :pac :sonic :pika :yoshi :1up
Esty Store
Projects:
  • Murloc baby blanket
  • Dr.Seuss Moving Mountains By BigDaddyWiz

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

Right, so, zombies. Freaking terrifying. I cannot even watch zombie movies or shoes. Walking Dead? Nope. Never ever ever ever will I watch that show. If I happen to forget and watch Shaun of the Dead or something then I obsess over zombies for months. I plan out how to survive, I look for escape routes everywhere I go. I plan how to fortify my house and the best way to defend it. On the bus after dropping off the kids at school I'll panic thinking that if zombies attack while they're at school they might not be able to stay safe until I get there. Not fun.

Enclosed spaces are pretty darn scary too. I'm ok while playing hide and seek. I don't flip out if I'm hiding in a small space but that's because I know I can get out easily. I will never be a magician or a magician's assistant, though.

And I chose other because any end of the modern world scenario is terrifying. It didn't used to be like that, it's just since having kids. I never thought about it before, but now it's always near the front of my mind. How would I get them food and keep them safe. How would I find help or know who to trust. I even have a plan for how to strap them both to my body to get away in case something has happened to my husband. (Like if he's been turned into a zombie, duh) Maybe I should share my plan in case it's me who's been zombified...I wonder if he still remembers how to tie the wrap-sling doohickey for the little one.

Not scared of clowns, I was one! I used to be scared of spiders but that's fading as I've been out of the area where they can kill you for almost a decade. Here, spiders are HUGE but they won't dissolve your flesh or anything. I used to be scared of spooky sounds and I guess I still would be if it was a really spooky sound and I couldn't think of an explanation. I guess my fear of the apocalypse ramped up as my fear of the supernatural fell away. I stopped being scared of ghosts (mostly) when I was pregnant the first time.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Heights - Super super super afraid of heights. I went up in the CN tower for my senior trip in high school, and I refused to stand on the glass ceiling. If I'm far enough from an enclosed window, that's okay. But sure as heck I'm not going to stand where I can look straight down. My brother and I both share this fear. We do pretty much the same things like kneeling slowly down and crawling away from the heights.

Clowns - Only the freaky ones freak me out. Normal clowns are okay. But I saw part of Killer Clowns from Outer Space on TV which scared me and then I watched Stephen King's "It" in a closed school building when I was pretty young. Pennywise still creeps me the eff out.

Zombies - I dunno if I'm really scared of them, but I hate how they look. It's just creepy. I don't do gore or anything like that. The only zombie movie I've seen is Shaun of the Dead, and I had to close my eyes several times.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

I've gone with heights. I'm ok if I can't look down, (far enough from the edge of something that when I look out all I can see is at my eye level).

I also chose confined spaces. Can't be in a place that I can touch opposite walls at the same time. The only expection is toilet cubicles, but they can't be solid walls from the floor the the ceiling. There has to be a gap or I can't go in.

I chose other aswell. The other is speaking in public. The thought of having to give a speech is awful.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

How does this list not include snakes?

I make Indiana Jones look perfectly ok with snakes.

Firestarterr
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Firestarterr »

Ticks, I am terrified of those creepy, little, blood sucking, digging their head into my flesh, creatures.

lpgeorge123
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by lpgeorge123 »

I knew I was an adult when I became terrified of financial instability. That's still my biggest fear, but luckily I have budgets and money tracking spreadsheets to combat that fear. Is it weird that I like going through my spreadsheets each week? It's not as much fun as cross stitching of course, but I do like it!

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

Wind turbines. Stupidest fear ever, but they really make me uncomfortable and when I'm really close to one I panic.

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

This is a lovely poll XD I did the dark, germs, and other. Germs because just, oh my gosh, I'm really scared of getting seriously sick or something. My other is just natural disasters in general. At home we get a lot of tornados, and they've always scared the crap out of me, and I'd imagine that if I had the threat of some other natural disaster, that I would probably panic the same way. I probably could have also chosen heights, because I'm very scared of the fall.