Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Poll: What scares you the most? (Trigger warning)

Anything goes!

Poll: What scares you the most?

spiders
13%
clowns
3%
earthquakes
1%
animals (specify)
1%
zombies
3%
cemeteries
No votes
witches
No votes
vampires
No votes
werewolves
No votes
corpses
No votes
tsunamis
No votes
caves
No votes
heights
17%
crowds
10%
dolls
1%
germs
5%
mummies
No votes
tornadoes
No votes
quicksand
No votes
the dark
7%
creepy sounds
5%
haunted houses
3%
evil spirits
No votes
confined spaces (claustrophobia)
8%
fire
2%
other (please comment!)
19%

Total votes: 86

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Poll: What scares you the most? (Trigger warning)

Post by blackmageheart »

Crowds, hate 'em but I'm learning to cope; germs, I imagine them as tiny tentacle monsters creeping all over everything and getting into mouths and things ew ew ew; other, because there's a lot of things that send me into a state of panic. I panic about panic too. :help:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

DevilAngelWolf27
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

So I picked Spiders, Crowds, and other.

I've always had a fear of spiders, their creepy and you can never tell when they're poisonous (like the lovely brown recluse in my area that... just no, don't search it, it's gross).

Crowds since I'm claustrophobic in crowds, I'm fine with smallish spaces for the most part, but throw me in a crowd and I'm near panic attack and feel like I'm tiny and alone in a see of people.

My other is Roller Coasters. When you hit the drop and leave your stomach at the top, it is the scariest and worst feeling in the world to me. Also I'm always afraid that when I get on one that'll be the day it decides to break while I'm on it and kill me.

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

I chose earthquakes (because I recently moved to Japan, and they are quite common here!), Spiders, caus ek, and confined spaces. When I have to drive underground through tunnels, or if my train goes into a tunnel I get a bit apprehensive. It sort of applies to crowds too. I don't like it when I don't have my own space.
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

traelyn
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by traelyn »

Heights

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Honestly, I don't have a lot that scares me. However, I will say that having to bury my child is one of them. I firmly believe no parent should have to bury their child (they should outlive us, ya know). It's so sad and even though I never really wanted kids...I would be devastated if I had to do so.

She was hit by a car crossing the crosswalk to her school as a kindergartner. The crossing guard was a few minutes late that day and arrived just in time to see it happen. When my dad came to the house to tell me (the school called him because days before I had lost my cell phone and it was the only phone they had on file for me) I, literally, froze and couldn't move. It was the one day I didn't walk with her because I wasn't feeling good. I told her to go to a neighbor's house that we walked with every morning because I knew the mom would make sure she got to school safely. I watched as she knocked on the door but without my contacts in I didn't realize no one had answered and my daughter, being the independent thing she is, decided she'd show me she could walk to school on her own and didn't come back to get me. That was the scariest day of my life. Thankfully the car was going slow enough that all she suffered were some minor cuts and a light concussion. And this will tell you how she thinks...after getting hit she got up and tried to continue on in to the school because she knew she needed to go to school!

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

Oh, MeiTow, how absolutely terrifying! I'm so glad she's ok. That is scarier than anything on that list, by far. What a brave and independent child you've raised.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

yessamaca wrote:Oh, MeiTow, how absolutely terrifying! I'm so glad she's ok. That is scarier than anything on that list, by far. What a brave and independent child you've raised.
Yeah, she's given us quite a few scares in her 15 years. LOL! As a 3-year-old she wandered out of the door and down the street while I was going to the bathroom/doing dishes in the kitchen (I thought she was watching her shows in the living room lol). I was out looking for her and on the phone with 911 when I found that the cop that lived at the end of the street had found her trying to cross the busy cross street. When I asked her where she was going she stated she was going to go get us both some McDonald's (there was a Burger King about 5-6 blocks away across the busy street).

At 8 we ended up having to get her a cell phone because she'd wander the neighborhood and we could never find her. :\ I think we might have raised her to be a little too independent. lol

yessamaca
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by yessamaca »

MeiTow wrote:
yessamaca wrote:Oh, MeiTow, how absolutely terrifying! I'm so glad she's ok. That is scarier than anything on that list, by far. What a brave and independent child you've raised.
Yeah, she's given us quite a few scares in her 15 years. LOL! As a 3-year-old she wandered out of the door and down the street while I was going to the bathroom/doing dishes in the kitchen (I thought she was watching her shows in the living room lol). I was out looking for her and on the phone with 911 when I found that the cop that lived at the end of the street had found her trying to cross the busy cross street. When I asked her where she was going she stated she was going to go get us both some McDonald's (there was a Burger King about 5-6 blocks away across the busy street).

At 8 we ended up having to get her a cell phone because she'd wander the neighborhood and we could never find her. :\ I think we might have raised her to be a little too independent. lol
Yikes!! Thank goodness for kind neighbors!