Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Official Lemmings plushes (and other merchandise) announced!

Anything goes!
LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Official Lemmings plushes (and other merchandise) announced!

Post by LPSM »

An official line of Lemmings merchandise has been confirmed! This will apparently include plushes, bags, keyrings, wall-scrolls, clothing, mugs, and a retro-style line of posters, stickers, notebooks, and badges.

This is a turn-up for the books, since, apart from a few small-scale releases, current rights-holder Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has been neglecting the series for around 14 years, in spite of it being one of the most-recognised and well-loved gaming brands of all time. I can no longer justifiably say that they're doing that, which I'm really glad about. :) Hopefully this will bring in fans old and new, and with any luck will also lead to some more new games, as well.

It also means that, since I make custom plushes to fill gaps left when companies overlook or forget about a series, and since I have a strict policy of not making plushes of characters who have, or have had, official plushes, I am now retired from making my plush lemmings, because there isn't a gap to be filled anymore. :thumbsup:

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Official Lemmings plushes (and other merchandise) announ

Post by RMDC »

It's almost a shame. Even though the brand is getting recognition again, I've rather enjoyed seeing your creations pop up here every few weeks. :nod
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

LPSM
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Official Lemmings plushes (and other merchandise) announ

Post by LPSM »

Aw, thanks... :)

It does at least free me up to make other things, and of course, I'd still like to make some accessories and companion pieces to go with the lemmings (both my own, and the official ones, which are looking likely to be around the same size, going on all of the other output of the plush licensee, Gaya Entertainment), as it's unlikely that the official goods will go as far as what I've got in mind, here.

I've been waiting and hoping for these things to pop up since 1993, so it's been a long wait!