Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

D&D Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Anything goes!
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: Tabletop RPG

Post by QueenBex »

Woo! Just updated my previous post with the last session details.

Mine is the latest edition.
I've not done any other role-playing but I'm getting into dice games. Just did.my first Dice Masters tournament on Saturday, a lot of fun.
I have a d&d attack wing tournament this Saturday.

I recently got ninja dice which thankfully my siblings like playing, nice and simple. I've had a request from my sister for another simple dice game like it.

So if anyone has any dice game suggestions that would be great.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

kurokuni23 wrote:So just a random question, what Edition of D&D does everyone play?
Also does anyone else play anything other than D&D? I've also had a lot of fun in World of Darkness and GURPS as well (tons of awesome stories from both). :good:
So, every time a new D&D comes out, we usually dip a toe in and play a taster scenario or two, but we never stay long on D&D.

We play a lot (A LOT) of WoD- vampire, mostly, but we've done Mage and changing breeds and a couple of mixes too. We've also done some 40K (both Death Watch and the inquisitor one), Call of Cthulhu, FATE, and Star Wars (old TSR d6 game) in the past 10 years or so. There's been a couple of home-grown settings too.

Right now, we're playing a Legend of the Five Rings game.

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I cut my teeth on 2E in college. Since then I've played a little of every major D&D release save for the little brown books or 5E (though I have the starter box set for the latter and will eventually get around to running the Lost Mines of Phandelver adventure for the family). In our regular home campaign, my partner and I have settled on a mix of D&D 3.5 / Pathfinder, True20, and a bevy of houserules.

We've also played Mechwarrior 2E, 3E, and 4E (the last more properly called A Time of War since Microsoft still controls the license for the Mechwarrior name), Swords & Wizardry (a D&D 0E retroclone), and two iterations of True20 that metastasized into their own homebrew systems for an Avatar game (set well after The Last Airbender and dealing with events during Korra's old age, before we knew Korra was getting her own TV series) and a Sailor Moon / King Arthur crossover.
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

I've done D&D 3.0/3.5 and 5.0. I've also played a bit of Star Wars Saga Edition (which I looooved). I wish I could get into more, but time, money, and having someone to watch the kid really kind of limits what I can do.

Still waiting for that Sprite Stitch game. :P
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Spending time with the hulking, dashing Ontharr.
So after our chariot racing gambling we head off to The Dancing Deer pub and have a drink. Ontharr challenges us all to an arm wrestle and the loser has to down their pint. Cora wins, Flynn, Axel and Taran lose. Taran gets a little dizzy after one drink and the others start feeling it too. I did a good constitution check and so held my drink fine, impressing Ontharr even more.

After food, Ontharr suggests we could do with some weapons training. So he takes us to another section of Elturel and to a training ground there and leads us to the archery area.
Flynn, Axel and Taran go first. Flynn misses blames it on the sun and then hits the target on his second go
Taran hits the target with an Eldritch blast which earns Ontharr's disapproval. Axel tries to chuck Derek at the target but fails miserably but gives Ontharr a good laugh. Cora throws a handaxes at the target which hits it no problem, just not quite bullseye.
We all head back to the Black Antlers, now getting on to about 5pm ish, although hard to tell with the great big shining globe above us.
We go up to a meeting room to see Leosin sat there, we all join him at the table, now even Ontharr is deadly serious.
They want to create a group to tackle the force of the Dragon Cult and that we would be the beginnings of such a group.
Greenest was not a solitary target.
Taran hands over the papers he's picked up along the way, some from the camp that was just south of Greenest, some from the evil lady's room in the cave (her name is so forgetful).
Amongst the documents there is a letter in code and a map which has several towns marked on it. There is a tally of people and treasure taken from each place, Greenest was the biggest hit.
Leosin and Ontharr are both unsure of why this is happening and what it's leading to.
Taran describes the mural of Tiamat we saw in the cave. Leosin and Ontharr exchange worried, oh crap, looks.
After some more looking at the maps etc. There seems to be a faint line heading up towards Baldurs Gate.

All of Elturel's defences are focused on protection from the undead. It's worrying that there is now a very real threat from actual living dragons.

Decide to travel via a sailing vessel to get us to Baldurs Gate before the cult can arrive. We can get there in 2 days at a push.
Our mission; gather information, don't get caught.

Groups that may help us,
The Order of the Gauntlet which Ontharr is a leader for for the area.
Leosin speaks up about the Harpers, a little bit more relaxed then the Gauntlet.
And mentions the Emerald Enclave who they have been in contact with, but don't know much about.

We are encouraged to change our appearances. So as Taran speaks to Leosin alone. Cora dyes her hair to ginger and covers her scar on her cheek up as best as she can.
Axel has his head shaved and dons an Adam Ant white stripe across his nose.
Flynn has his hair braided and works on a different accent.
Joe will tell us about how Taran changes next time.

Next day we have a light breakfast then get downstairs to see Ontharr and Leosin in the Common room which they have cordoned off. There are boxes full of fresh armour and weapons and rations for us to restock ourselves. They give us 50gp each and give us 40 mins before we have to leave.
Me, Flynn and Axel go to an Alchemist. We have to knock on the door a fair few times before she opens the door. A mention of Ontharr's name gets us in, although she complains about him, she still let's us in. We buy some potions each from her.
Then I pull out Langradrosa's head to try and sell to her.
It's been in my bag for just over a week and is smelling foul and getting a tad squishy. Some haggling later and I get 325gp for it! Woo!

We head back to the Inn and Cora and Axel join The Order of the Gauntlet, Flynn wants to join the Harpers and gets given a contact.

We then head off to the docks and to the ship that will take us to Baldurs Gate. Our horses have been already taken on board.
Ontharr ushers the others on to the ship before having a word with Cora. "Lady Cora, it has been a pleasure to meet you" he kisses the back of her hand. "don't die" Cora assures him she doesn't plan on dying anytime soon and will be back.
We all get onboard and Ontharr calls out a joke to Axel about saying goodbye to the maid of the inn for him.

And that is where we left it.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Dungeons and Dragons

Post by QueenBex »

New group established, new characters made, new adventures to be had. Elemental Evil has begun.

I think I shall rename this thread as Dungeons and Dragons, Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

Then have a separate thread for Dungeons and Dragons, Elemental Evil.

Or should I keep them both in this thread and make sure I title each session post with which adventure it is?

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Do them in separate threads! Forums are linear in nature and it might become confusing if you mix the stories.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: D&D Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Post by QueenBex »

Yeah that's true!

Ok will do!