Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sailor Moon Crystal

Anything goes!
RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal

Post by RMDC »

I'm shipping Ami and Rei together. So much.

Is it just me, or is Ami definitely more explicitly into girls in this series?
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

RMDC wrote:Is it just me, or is Ami definitely more explicitly into girls in this series?
I haven't noticed, but then i'm pretty oblivious lol.

On another note though - JUPITER :D <3

spoilers:
Spoiler
Having Tuxedo Mask turn up Usagi's bedside was a bit stalkery imo, though.
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

Yes, Arkani, I couldn't agree more lol

Also:
Spoiler
Sailor Jupiter is o much more girly than in the original anime and it just makes me love her that much more. I really wish they would have kept the story from the manga where Sailor Moon disguises herself as a groom. Much goofier in my opinion and I have noticed they've been omitting the sillier aspects of the series.
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Spoiler
For a change, I didn't feel like the bedside thing was creepy. Mamoru is a little more wry in this series, but that was definitely a mission-focus scene - he knew exactly what needed to happen to get the job done, and it was his friend's life on the line to boot, so no time to waste.

Also: Rei with the freakin' Gatling gun, blowing up the Tokyo skyline. :shock:
Notice how Usagi gets a crush on Mako, then when she brings her by Crown Ami starts moving in with the smooth pickup lines? :P Poor Usagi, all her girlfriends will fall to the Blue-Haired Bandit.

stitchingmama
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by stitchingmama »

Just cried during the latest episode!
Spoiler
When Tuxedo Mask tells Sailor Moon she makes everyone smile. I think that is a super power, wouldn't it be amazing to be able to make anyone smile?

Also Tuxedo Mask... swoon... :blush:
"I need to feel your cross stitch. Feels like 8-bit" - my three year old

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

The pacing, sceneing, and posing in this latest episode was really weird. It lost any emotional impact it should have had. And of all the episodes to be so poorly handled!
Spoiler
Parts that fell flat:
  • The opening - it was a five-second flashback that shunted right to the theme. I'm nitpicky, maybe, but I've been impressed so far with how they've made each opening sequence feel like a big, communal squee of a love letter to the fans, so this made me sad.
  • Tuxedo Mask went to the media - but they didn't follow through at all on the potential of the moment, and suddenly we have Zoisite instead, with minimal segue.
  • The sequence where Usagi's running from the arcade and ignoring the mission because they dissed on TM, and then she's all fainty, and then he's there with her on the sidewalk, and their posing keeps changing, and their conversation is... floaty. I get that they were trying to recreate some shots from the manga. It just came across like a sophomore art film. Of course, followed immediately by:
  • the Usagi / Mamoru ID reveal - it had more impact in the original anime with that stupid elevator scene zomg, let alone the manga.
On the other hand, cool stuff about this episode:
  • Ikuko-mama and Luna with the cat toy~~
  • Zoisite as Professor Izono~~
  • Luna's ultra air combo to unlock the lair - even a turtling Guile in the corner couldn't withstand those moves
  • Ami's Mercury Laser Pew-Pew Zap
  • HOLY CRAP THEY WERE TOTALLY LEVITATING
  • Beryl was totally gonna kill everyone ^_^ ^_^
  • ZOISITE THREW HIMSELF IN FRONT OF EBEROWYERL TO TAKE THE MOONWE HEALKWGIN ELSIXOPAOAICTYION *edge of seat* *biting nails*

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

RMDC wrote:The pacing, sceneing, and posing in this latest episode was really weird. It lost any emotional impact it should have had. And of all the episodes to be so poorly handled!
Spoiler
Parts that fell flat:
  • The opening - it was a five-second flashback that shunted right to the theme. I'm nitpicky, maybe, but I've been impressed so far with how they've made each opening sequence feel like a big, communal squee of a love letter to the fans, so this made me sad.
  • Tuxedo Mask went to the media - but they didn't follow through at all on the potential of the moment, and suddenly we have Zoisite instead, with minimal segue.
  • The sequence where Usagi's running from the arcade and ignoring the mission because they dissed on TM, and then she's all fainty, and then he's there with her on the sidewalk, and their posing keeps changing, and their conversation is... floaty. I get that they were trying to recreate some shots from the manga. It just came across like a sophomore art film. Of course, followed immediately by:
  • the Usagi / Mamoru ID reveal - it had more impact in the original anime with that stupid elevator scene zomg, let alone the manga.
On the other hand, cool stuff about this episode:
  • Ikuko-mama and Luna with the cat toy~~
  • Zoisite as Professor Izono~~
  • Luna's ultra air combo to unlock the lair - even a turtling Guile in the corner couldn't withstand those moves
  • Ami's Mercury Laser Pew-Pew Zap
  • HOLY CRAP THEY WERE TOTALLY LEVITATING
  • Beryl was totally gonna kill everyone ^_^ ^_^
  • ZOISITE THREW HIMSELF IN FRONT OF EBEROWYERL TO TAKE THE MOONWE HEALKWGIN ELSIXOPAOAICTYION *edge of seat* *biting nails*
RMDC You make me laugh!
Spoiler
I was actually very disappointed in this episode as well for the same reasons. It seemed like they rushed through it which is kind of sad because we waited so long for it to happen. I felt like the story was missing too much. As if they didn't explain it thoroughly enough. Anime based strictly on the manga (with relatively no straying) is hard to do, so I suppose they're doing the best that they can, but I definitely expected so much more from this episode.

Side note: Mamoru is so *' adorable!!!! OMG I feel like a kid again lol
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Been rather busy this last month and a half, so now things are slowing down and i've finished my course (i hope - just waiting on confirmation) I'm left with not much to do, apart from applying for jobs (selection criteria... ugh), discovering dragon age, and bingewatching/catching up on Sailor moon.

Spoilers are full of spoilers. :P
Spoiler
Hands up who thinks the ending of the latest ep was an evil, evil move.
I enjoyed this ep - after a little digging (looking at the comments on crunchyroll lol) I figured out I was on the right path for Artemis' claims - helloooo decoy.
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Spoiler
This episode was much nicer than the last two. :nod It felt like a transitional episode, though, without a lot of content. Everyone's in practically the same position as they were at the end of the last episode with a handful of elements rearranged.

I appreciate the more manga-faithful, competent Minako. She feels like someone who's been through difficult things without anyone else to rely on, now thrust uncomfortably into a group of people, her position based on deception.

Overall the complexity of all of the characters has been excellent, though the rapid pace of Crystal means less screen time for everyone but Usagi and Mamoru. You have to be vigilant for the little details - like Minako's intent that didn't come across in the subtitles, which had her talking about a mission she has to complete without noting that she was deliberately choosing words with a double meaning that played on death. But they're putting the little details in there. This still feels like a love letter to the fans. :nod