Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sailor Moon Crystal

Anything goes!
Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Sailor Moon Crystal

Post by Sheepish »

rockinwithrammstein wrote:Anyone else think Mamoru was just absolutely ADORABLE!?? I was so happy to see this. Sailor Moon is definitely a very special thing for me :)
I was very taken with his eyes of all things. That was the first thing I noticed, but overall his character design was very nice. ;) I had an instant liking for the character, in every other incarnation I had to warm up to him.

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Sheepish wrote:The pacing was very much a result of the manga, the first chapter pretty much threw everything in your lap and following chapters explained just what was happening. The manga was pretty much the storyboards of the episode, I think.
I agree for the most part, but the segments that really had me feeling sorry for the newcomers were the initial meeting with Mamoru followed by everything from Luna's reveal and the presentation of the brooch up to the moment Usagi burst into the door of Osa-P. The former was a bit stilted, while the latter was choppy and flowed very quickly for the medium. The manga's cadence was more even overall, and Mamoru had more mystery and less exposition.

Still, I'm not going to complain about new Sailor Moon! Two weeks is too long to wait. :cry:
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

I really enjoyed it - 2 weeks is way to long to wait though.. but at least we get a year of Sailor Moon?
I was introduced to SM way back in the days of the morning cartoons, and the English dub of it.. so this was really nostalgic. Not sure I like the transformation sequence, but I know it'll grow on me.
I love that the bad guys actually look bad, and have a sinisterness imo that the original just.. didn't give. (is sisnisterness a word? It is now :P)
The animation is so much nicer than the previous version.. And Luna! <3 Luna!

So.. has it been 2 weeks yet?
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Anyone catch the second episode yet?
Spoiler
Looks like there's going to be less/no filler between finding the senshi, too, which will be interesting. Admittedly I've never read the manga so the pacing is different from what i'm used to from teh original series, but I'm still loving it. :)
I don't know about you guys, but when the senshi do the pose bit at the end of the transformation, the flowers and their planets in the background? Pretty. I'm tempted to wait until all/at least the main 4 are found, and make some patterns.

Also - at the end of the ep, when Usagi and Ami are walking together.. is it just the angle or does Luna look really weird?
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol

Icelandic Hitman
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Icelandic Hitman »

I Have
Spoiler
The 2nd ep fixes most of my gripes about ep 1.
In Ep 1 it was do it now Moon, do it now... sigh... grab your tiara and say this then throw it...duh Oh that's what you want me to do...
Ami was - oh I know my lines and I know my magic spell right off the bat, so maybe it's just because moon is stupid...
But Moon's voice is really annoying me >.<
And no longer called meatball head :(

I'm liking the black silhouette, Utena style, maybe it's homage to the first director who went to work on Utena. The flowers are also Utena parody level ;) Would love to do a pattern or 6 of them with the planets, black skin and flowers... and I hate pastels and I still want to do it.

Bring on Dawn of Mars my 2nd fav senshi.
Thread Tracker for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad: http://touchscreencraft.wordpress.com
Etsy items for sales and charts : http://www.etsy.com/shop/touchscreencraft
DA : http://oziphantom.deviantart.com/

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

whee! spoilers!
Spoiler
Well, UsagiMoon *is* dumb. :P

Yeah I miss Meatball Head too - Bun head just doesn't have the same feel.

I didn't know about Utena - Never heard of it before now. The bit with Ami just knowing what to do could easily have been cut, and Luna telling her what to do was left out. :/ But then, Ami has always been the brains of the operation.
If you remember back to the original, Moon didn't really get her courage up for three or four episodes, if memory serves.. it took a while either way. Her voice doesn't get to me, the wailing does a bit though, though I know it's kinda her trademark lol.

Cannot wait for Mars- <3 her - she's my favorite Senshi. :D

"Would love to do a pattern or 6 of them with the planets, black skin and flowers" YES. I don't mind the pastels so much. You could always do a negative version :) Gets away from the pastels.
Working on:

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

I'm so excited! I'm loving the new episodes. As a fan of both the original series (dubbed and subbed) as well as the manga, I can verify that Crystal is much closer to the original manga. Also, if you only ever watched the old dubbed series, Usagi's voice does seem squeaky, but she sounds like that in the original subbed, as well.

I love the way the characters' eyes are done this time around. Some of the arms and legs seems a little awkward, particularly in Usagi's transformation sequence, but overall I love the artwork.

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Mishatu wrote:I'm so excited! I'm loving the new episodes. As a fan of both the original series (dubbed and subbed) as well as the manga, I can verify that Crystal is much closer to the original manga. Also, if you only ever watched the old dubbed series, Usagi's voice does seem squeaky, but she sounds like that in the original subbed, as well.

I love the way the characters' eyes are done this time around. Some of the arms and legs seems a little awkward, particularly in Usagi's transformation sequence, but overall I love the artwork.

Isn't the lady who voices Usagi the same for the original and this one?
Working on:

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

arkani wrote:
Mishatu wrote:I'm so excited! I'm loving the new episodes. As a fan of both the original series (dubbed and subbed) as well as the manga, I can verify that Crystal is much closer to the original manga. Also, if you only ever watched the old dubbed series, Usagi's voice does seem squeaky, but she sounds like that in the original subbed, as well.

Isn't the lady who voices Usagi the same for the original and this one?
I have no idea, but then again, I'm terrible at recognizing actors in different works.

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

Yes, Usagi's seiyu is the same in Crystal as in the original anime, Kotono Mitsuishi. The rest have been recast.

Has anyone else seen the clips of the original series of the new dub voices? They were just released not that long ago.