What are you watching now and why?

Anything goes!
TigerLily
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: What are you watching now and why?

Post by TigerLily »

Batboard wrote:there is only 4 seasons, I want more!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
I recommend reading the books after, especially if, like me, you hated the final episode. :P Don't look them up if you haven't finished the show yet since summaries and such will spoil it for you.

Specifically I believe it is 'The Good that Men Do' that gives those of us who disliked the ending a bit of a restart button. :)

wozz90
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by wozz90 »

I have recently been watching Hell on Wheels which was recommended to be by my dad, the story that I set post American civil follows Mr Bohannon a confederate soldier looking to exact revenge on the Union soldiers that killed his family. As he is doing this he gets wrapped up in 'Hell on Wheels' a moving town that follows the creation of the transcontinental railway. I have been truly addicted this and watched 2 seasons in two weeks, The characters are believable and the story is gripping.

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

I just started watching the anime Nana and it's really good. It's not the sort of anime I would normally watch, so I was surprised that I got hooked on it so easily. I think it's because Hachi is just like me lol I don't cry during TV shows because--I don't know, it just doesn't happen, but this show has made me at least tear up so many times it's not even funny.
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

NMRaymond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by NMRaymond »

Recently, I started watching The X-Files on Netflix. The show scared the bejesus out of me as a kid, but I thought that I would give it a shot since I'm older and my scary/horror/sci-fi tolerance has certainly grown over the years (kind of a horror buff since I was a teen). I am really enjoying it, especially the team dynamic/relationship between Mulder and Scully (I'm only nearing the end of season one in my viewing). I never realized that it lasted nine seasons, but again I steered clear of it when it first started. I'm one of those people that likes to start from the beginning of a TV show rather than the middle - by the time I would have wanted to watch it, the show was nearing it's end. Thankfully, I can watch it all now - and just in time for the revival this upcoming January, if I can record it.
Current Projects:
Epic Pokemon Generation I
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms
"When Fandom Collides" Bag

Coming Soon:
Disney Mickey Villains
Wonder Woman Typography
...So Many More

One stitch at a time.

imaginaryanna
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by imaginaryanna »

I'm currently blowing through Once Upon a Time (nearing the end of season 3 now) I usually watch Korean or Japanese shows, but I need to be able to hear the show in English while I stitch... can't be forever watching the screen reading subtitles while I'm supposed to be watching my needle!

When I'm not stitching, I'm watching a Korean drama called "You who came from the stars" or "My Love from another star"... something along those lines! I've been watching it for the past..... forever. It's taking forever for me to finish since I keep re-watching each episode until I can understand enough of what is being said for me to feel like I can move on. A strange way to study, but.... I'm getting there (slowly)

shonakav
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by shonakav »

Just finished binging on Scream Queens, and I'm loving American Horror Story. A slowly working through Jessica Jones (am only watching with my SO) and am trying to spread them out as it's too easy to consume something like that and just spend the next few months pining away.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Hubby's on vacation so I'm hoping to get through some of the stuff clogging up our dvr. We've just caught up on Supergirl and Heroes Reborn. Like both of them (and I wasn't really a fan of Heroes. Just never got into it. Might need to give it a second chance). I will say the guy that plays Mohinder is so freaking good-looking! Every time I see him in something it's like insta-drool. LOL! Hubby finished up Zoo the other day (I watched them beforehand while he was at work) and we both really liked it as well. Makes me want to read the book!

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

imaginaryanna wrote:When I'm not stitching, I'm watching a Korean drama called "You who came from the stars" or "My Love from another star"... something along those lines! I've been watching it for the past..... forever. It's taking forever for me to finish since I keep re-watching each episode until I can understand enough of what is being said for me to feel like I can move on. A strange way to study, but.... I'm getting there (slowly)
I watch a K-drama called You're Beautiful repeatedly. I know it well enough by now that I can cross stitch and just glance at the subtitles.

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

I made the mistake of starting to watch Grey's Anatomy. Damn show is addictive.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I recently got The Flash in the sales and have been making my way through it, I like it, it's not the greatest show, but it's nice enough. Even though it seems every episode he needs to go faster to defeat the enemy and he's all like, I never gone that fast before, then he does.

There were two crossovers with The Arrow that I haven't seen so hoping to find that for cheap sometime.

Want to borrow Agent Carter from mum, sounds so good
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC