Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Happy Thread, or YML!

Anything goes!
Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Happy Thread, or YML!

Post by Hellfire »

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to leaving the supermarket.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

deborah
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by deborah »

Someone the family knows offered me a car. Her name is Inez and she turned 90 years old in April. She decided to give up driving. I took it to a car fix it place for them to check it out to see what condition it is in. It has 102000 miles on it. It is a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix. There was a few things wrong with it. The low coolant sensor light malfunction, Serpentine belt, let them do a oil change and I decided to let them fix air conditioner. It will cost 543 dollars for that work. The good part about car is that the woman offered the car to me for free. I do have to pay for car tags and get car insurance. I figured that would be good deal for car. I will probably call her and tell her I will take car. It feels good to have a car again. I have been working at Kentucky Fried Chicken for a little over a year now. It also feels good to save up money.

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

Had dinner with my boyfriend and his mother - and it was fine! Fun, even! His mother and I have had our differences (mostly the overly critical, distrusting way she treats him does not make her my favourite person...) but yesterday was very nice. I hope this means we can move forward on a more positive note.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Aegidia wrote:Had dinner with my boyfriend and his mother - and it was fine! Fun, even! His mother and I have had our differences (mostly the overly critical, distrusting way she treats him does not make her my favourite person...) but yesterday was very nice. I hope this means we can move forward on a more positive note.
That's great :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

A small YML! Four awesome DS games are on their way and I got them for a reasonable price. Can't wait to own Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light, and Treasure World!

Seeing these have shipped after coming home from from a routine teeth cleaning that turned into two root canals...totally made my crappy day a little better. :)

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

I FINALLY have an interview next week for a unit clerk at the hospital I work at. It's something other than what I do. I'm excited, I hope it goes well, and I hope that it's really what I want it to be. Wish me luck Thursday at 1300 EST. :yahoo:
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

Congrats and good luck!! Don't know if you're familiar with http://www.askamanager.com, but she has some good advice on doing well in interviews (I don't always agree with her on other matters, but the interview stuff is good).

Also: IT'S THE WEEKEND!! :yahoo: And I get to spend most of it with my boyfriend, doing absolutely nothing but a bit of knitting, watching movies, and having him cook for me. Laaaazy weekend.

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Thanks so much, for the luck AND the website! I'd seen it for how to write a cover letter (because my before letter was L. O. U. S. Y.), but I hadn't really thought about it for interview help. I'll check it out because I'm always nervous during interviews. :)
Aegidia wrote:Also: IT'S THE WEEKEND!! :yahoo: And I get to spend most of it with my boyfriend, doing absolutely nothing but a bit of knitting, watching movies, and having him cook for me. Laaaazy weekend.
Those are the best! I have this weekend off, but I'm not with my boyfriend. That was last weekend. Hope you enjoy it! :D
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

SuperKJ
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SuperKJ »

Small YML - Introduced my husband to the world of cross stitching while on holiday last week. He loves it, so it's nice to spend our evenings sharing a hobby - looking at each other's progress, ooh-ing and aah-ing at patterns, etc. :)
Current WIPS:
Epic Pokemon Gen I

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

Couple of minor wins for this lass:
Just successfully wrapped up a summer internship with a video conference and a lovely presentation
Acquired a book on the Bayeux Tapestry for much cheaper than we found on Amazon + it has great illustrations of the entire piece, so that's another step closer to making our own tapestry~
Civil War reenacting with the boyfriend, his dad, and a friend this weekend (If anyone else happens to be going to Hale Farm this weekend, I'll be the awkward girl with the homemade white shirt and brownish-patterned skirt, hehe) so I'll get lots more time to work on lace ^_^

Also, for the book, I found it at Half Price Books while I was waiting for them to make an offer on a load of books my boyfriend decided he didn't need any more. They didn't offer much, but it was more than the cost of what I found. I think that this was the first time I ever came out ahead monetarily in that store xD And yes, I did have the lad's permission to buy it with the money. It was intended to go towards the hard copy we found on Amazon, but when one finds a copy at a fraction of the price...