Happy Thread, or YML!

Anything goes!
LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: Happy Thread, or YML!

Post by LucyInTheSky »

blackmageheart wrote:
LucyInTheSky wrote:I cut 3,000 one inch squares without injuring myself! I also bought a glove to protect myself from cutting off my fingers with the rotary cutter, since it's only a matter of time (I have at least 7,500 squares left to cut) :D
That is a LOT of squares!
Mmhmm, yes, yes there are. Though I'm using a few gadgets that make it significantly easier and faster. I cut those 3,000 squares in about 90 minutes (official time: 2 episodes of Buffy on Netflix)
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I'm pretty sure we all measure our time in units of TV episodes or movies...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

QueenBex wrote:I'm pretty sure we all measure our time in units of TV episodes or movies...
Ha, yes. One quilt once took me seasons 4, 5, and half of 6 of Charmed. Time suck quilt.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

I think my xenoblade chronicles square might take me a solid 3 series of Midsomer Murders!

I found the hard way that an episode of agents of shield gives me about ten stitches :p so I don't stitch while watching that anymore.

I think my best rate of stitching is done during a well watched comedy show, the Eddie Izzard box set gets me through a difficult pattern time and time again :)
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

I was watching Arrow while stitching at my friend's house (I don't have a couch so I was borrowing his couch and tv to do some handwork on a quilt) and he comes in and I'm just watching the show, not stitching and he raised his eyebrows at me. I usually have shows in the background when I quilt but it has to be a show that I've seen.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Yay! We are sooooo close to buying a house. We made an offer, they countered, we countered their counter and they agreed! Paperwork is all signed and now we just have to set up an inspection. I am so flippin' excited. :yahoo:
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Kareesh wrote:Yay! We are sooooo close to buying a house. We made an offer, they countered, we countered their counter and they agreed! Paperwork is all signed and now we just have to set up an inspection. I am so flippin' excited. :yahoo:
Yay!! Congratulations!!

SuperKJ
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by SuperKJ »

I got my stitchy bug back. :)
Current WIPS:
Epic Pokemon Gen I

Yurtle
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Yurtle »

LucyInTheSky wrote:I cut 3,000 one inch squares without injuring myself! I also bought a glove to protect myself from cutting off my fingers with the rotary cutter, since it's only a matter of time (I have at least 7,500 squares left to cut) :D
Good luck! That is a lot of squares! I did slice a bit of my finger off last year with a rotary cutter. It sucked big time! I wish I knew there were gloves for that! :)

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

I was walking home from class today and it was raining so hard and cold that my arms and feet were numb, and some very nice girl offered me a ride back to my apartment since she was going that way already, and it just made my day!