Happy Thread, or YML!

Anything goes!
SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Happy Thread, or YML!

Post by SunkistShiek »

Mishatu wrote:Couple of minor wins for this lass:
Just successfully wrapped up a summer internship with a video conference and a lovely presentation
Acquired a book on the Bayeux Tapestry for much cheaper than we found on Amazon + it has great illustrations of the entire piece, so that's another step closer to making our own tapestry~
Civil War reenacting with the boyfriend, his dad, and a friend this weekend (If anyone else happens to be going to Hale Farm this weekend, I'll be the awkward girl with the homemade white shirt and brownish-patterned skirt, hehe) so I'll get lots more time to work on lace ^_^

Also, for the book, I found it at Half Price Books while I was waiting for them to make an offer on a load of books my boyfriend decided he didn't need any more. They didn't offer much, but it was more than the cost of what I found. I think that this was the first time I ever came out ahead monetarily in that store xD And yes, I did have the lad's permission to buy it with the money. It was intended to go towards the hard copy we found on Amazon, but when one finds a copy at a fraction of the price...
That's awesome! I love Civil War reenactments. There was one I went to where I went up to a lady opening pea pods that were for her family, and I didn't believe that they were real. Her answer was "Of course they're real! How else would I be able to feed my family?!" Looking back, I applaud her. :)

On a different note, My boyfriend and I, along with a good friend of mine and her boyfriend, have decided that for the fall of 2017 we will be going to Japan!! I'm so excited! It seems like it's gonna be so doable. So if anyone has been there or has any pointers at all, please let me know. Also, if you could give me any cool places that I would want to visit, that'd be cool too.
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

SunkistShiek wrote: On a different note, My boyfriend and I, along with a good friend of mine and her boyfriend, have decided that for the fall of 2017 we will be going to Japan!! I'm so excited! It seems like it's gonna be so doable. So if anyone has been there or has any pointers at all, please let me know. Also, if you could give me any cool places that I would want to visit, that'd be cool too.
Ooooh you are going to regret asking that... Please sit down while I give you a lecture on Japan, What To See, What To Do, What Not To Do.
Seriously though, I love Japan, have been there several times and am actually a Goodwill Ambassador of Tourism for Ishikawa-ken, a Japanese province I consider to be massively overlooked by non-Japanese tourists. Send me a PM (so as not to hijack this thread) with some info on what your interests are, how long you'll be there, if you want to travel or prefer to stay in one place etc and I'll give you some tips!
^This offer is open to anyone thinking of or planning to travel to Japan, of course.

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

Celebrating the small things again! I move back to campus this weekend, so I get to run amuck and destroy my bedroom in the name of packing. This entire next week is going to be building a house with Habitat for Humanity, so I just get to work hard and not think :3

In addition, I have made some fantastic progress on the Pokemon All Gens stitchery. Still haven't posted any pictures of it yet, as the thing looks like I'm incredibly ADD (which I don't think I am, but who knows?). I might get around to posting something of it, since my parents know I've been working on it a bit this summer, and they're the ones I'd be concerned about finding it xD (Then I'd get the whole "have you been working on this when you should have been studying?")

I've also taken a few more steps to getting more organized and generally being a more functional human being. I've made a list of things I want to do on a daily basis, typed it up, and put it in a picture frame so that I can use dry erase markers to cross things off when I do them. I probably should have done different colors for different priorities (let's face it, doing exercise is slightly more important than playing Temple Run), but I can always take it out and highlight things in different colors if I so desire.

Things are looking optimistic right now, and I fully intend to keep them that way. Now, to decide which books I want to take with me...

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

I'm going to start my boyfriend's Jedi costume today! ^^ I've decided not to feel guilty about all the things I haven't finished yet and just get started on this, which is supposed to be his Halloween costume. I'm very excited, mostly because HE is so excited. He keeps singing "Soon I'm gonna be a Jedi!"

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

I'm so happy they released a standard sized n3ds here in the states! I'm also happy my hubby bought one for me. So here is my new baby with my recent Adipose keychain turned into a charm. :D :D
IMG_20150929_202036784.jpg
IMG_20150929_202036784.jpg (981.11 KiB) Viewed 5051 times

stitchingmama
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by stitchingmama »

Had an ultrasound yesterday that confirmed I am 8&1/2 weeks pregnant! Best part is that she showed me the heart beat which means after 1&1/2 years of trying and 2 miscarriages in 6 months my chances of miscarriage have now plummeted to 5% like any other normal pregnant lady. I'm finally not stressed everyday. Now off to enjoy 7pm bedtimes (from fatigue), nausea (I can smell everything, all humans are disgusting creatures) & sore boobs.
"I need to feel your cross stitch. Feels like 8-bit" - my three year old

katdun
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by katdun »

Congratulations, stitchingmama! I'm so happy for you!
Current Projects:
Pen Pals!
Sprite Stitch Swap!
Learning to crochet!

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

Congrats Stitchingmama!

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

That is excellent news! Congratulations!!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

stitchingmama wrote:Had an ultrasound yesterday that confirmed I am 8&1/2 weeks pregnant! Best part is that she showed me the heart beat which means after 1&1/2 years of trying and 2 miscarriages in 6 months my chances of miscarriage have now plummeted to 5% like any other normal pregnant lady. I'm finally not stressed everyday. Now off to enjoy 7pm bedtimes (from fatigue), nausea (I can smell everything, all humans are disgusting creatures) & sore boobs.
Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!