Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Happy Thread, or YML!

Anything goes!
Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Happy Thread, or YML!

Post by Aegidia »

I had the BEST Valentine's weekend! It had everything: fancy brunch, fancy chocolates, fancy dinner, dancing, snuggling up in bed to watch a cute movie... I'm going through life now with a silly grin stuck to my face because I'm still so happy.

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

I am working as an English teacher in Japan. In Japan the school year starts in April so right now we have just had graduations. One of the teachers that I regularly help with checking English homework got his class to write me thank you notes, they were all so sweet! Also I previously ran an English club after school about once a month where we played word games, and talked about all sorts of things to practice English. It had about 8 members. In the final year they have to stop going to clubs, because they need to focus on those university entrance exams, so despite not seeing me much for the last year they all got together and wrote me a lovely thank you card and came to see me to say thank you. It was really touching. :cray:

A few months ago I joined the tea ceremony club at my school and tomorrow is the first time where I will be helping them out at an event. I am a bit nervous, but quite excited! I get to wear kimono, so I have been practicing tying the sash a few times. It is as difficult as it looks... Wish me luck!
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Hi guys! Afraid I've been a little quite lately, left my job and have begun a teaching course - talk about a career change! Have been warned it's a mega busy and tough couple of years, so not sure how often I'll be around, but I'm hoping to work on a couple of small projects in between the stressful bits and will try and post updates when I can! Hope everyone is well :)
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

lcockitt wrote:Hi guys! Afraid I've been a little quite lately, left my job and have begun a teaching course - talk about a career change! Have been warned it's a mega busy and tough couple of years, so not sure how often I'll be around, but I'm hoping to work on a couple of small projects in between the stressful bits and will try and post updates when I can! Hope everyone is well :)

Wow congrats. I'm playing around with the idea of going into teaching.
You could always create a cross stitch club at the school. Gives you an opportunity to spread the love of cross stitching around plus gives you the time to make little things.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wow!!! That's great, lcockitt!!! Hope it goes well! What are you studying to teach? The college that I work at has a large teacher education program (in fact, most of the resources they use are in my department at the library) and just today we've had elementary math and elementary social studies classes coming in so that students could get ideas for lesson plans to practice in the classroom.
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Thanks guys! All being well, I'll be teaching science, mainly physics but with chem and bio thrown in as well, ages 11-18. Love the idea of a cross stitch club, Hellfire - hopefully I'll be able to do something like that when I've found my feet a bit! Happy to share my experience of this year if you want to go into teaching and want more information, just send me a pm :)
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You will do wonderfully!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

lcockitt wrote:Thanks guys! All being well, I'll be teaching science, mainly physics but with chem and bio thrown in as well, ages 11-18. Love the idea of a cross stitch club, Hellfire - hopefully I'll be able to do something like that when I've found my feet a bit! Happy to share my experience of this year if you want to go into teaching and want more information, just send me a pm :)

Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that. If I went into it, I'd be teaching the same. Got more physics in my degree but most schools get you to teach all 3 now don't they.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

JemmaJ
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by JemmaJ »

I am starting a new job on the 1st November - I cannot wait! I know that I have been doing my signing job for over 7 years now - I love the kids; just not the company! When I found out that my part time job were expanding into a shop - I jumped at it! I got the job! More time for stitching!!
Just keep stitching...

Jemma's Stitchery | Stitch Blog: Dreaming In Aida | Instagram & Twitter: @JemmaJH

WIPs:
A Very Merry Christmas Town
Stitching for Charity 2016/17
KLT Charting: Russian Dolls SAL
and many more...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's great...congrats!!!