Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

So...What Are You Reading Now?

Anything goes!
MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Re: So...What Are You Reading Now?

Post by MeiTow »

About a month ago I had the hubby grab the Jim Henson book Humble Bundle so I've been reading stuff from that. I finished the first two volumes of the classic Fraggle Rock comic books and I've started on the novelization of Labyrinth.

I also recently finished the first volume of the 80's Hellblazer/John Constantine comic book series. I bought it with the money I've saved from doing the Google Rewards surveys. Now I'm waiting to save up another $13 so I can buy the next one. LOL! I'd also really love to have the actual volumes of these as I'm really loving Constantine (you can add this to my favorites Swap Partner as I was in a hurry to do my list and forgot all about it).

At the gym I've been reading the third Anita Blake book. I'm not sure why I keep reading these since I'm not a huge vampire or zombie fan but, eh. They are quick reads and are, somewhat, entertaining.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

MeiTow wrote:At the gym I've been reading the third Anita Blake book. I'm not sure why I keep reading these since I'm not a huge vampire or zombie fan but, eh. They are quick reads and are, somewhat, entertaining.
Yay! Another Anita Blake reader! (Not that I'm obsessed or anything)

Last night I started "To Kill A Mockingbird" after my partner insisted I read it. He's not a big reader, so for him to suggest something means it's a book he really likes. I'm not very far into it, but at the moment, all I think is 'meh'. Hoping that it picks up!
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

lcockitt wrote:
MeiTow wrote:Last night I started "To Kill A Mockingbird" after my partner insisted I read it. He's not a big reader, so for him to suggest something means it's a book he really likes. I'm not very far into it, but at the moment, all I think is 'meh'. Hoping that it picks up!
I had to read it in high school, and it is very slow in the beginning. But it does pick up.
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

I just started reading Ready Player One and it's pretty interesting so far. I definitely like the concept of society ending up as a giant MMO.
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

SunkistShiek wrote:
lcockitt wrote:
MeiTow wrote:Last night I started "To Kill A Mockingbird" after my partner insisted I read it. He's not a big reader, so for him to suggest something means it's a book he really likes. I'm not very far into it, but at the moment, all I think is 'meh'. Hoping that it picks up!
I had to read it in high school, and it is very slow in the beginning. But it does pick up.
I read it in middle school. Rather, I think I read it ten times n the time it took my English class to read through it once. It remains one of my all time favorite books.

Aegidia
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Aegidia »

I'm in the middle of 'The Handmaid's Tale'. I have no clue why I didn't pick this up sooner. I'm loving it so far, even though it is a disturbing read.

JulieK
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by JulieK »

I am reading Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier. Lovely book. Memoirs of a geisha by Arthur Golden and A discovery of witches by Deborah Harkness are next in line

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

I just finished reading The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix. Now I'm re-reading my manga books starting with Death Note.

rockinwithrammstein
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by rockinwithrammstein »

blackberrybear wrote:I just finished reading The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix. Now I'm re-reading my manga books starting with Death Note.
OOOOOOOOOH!! Sabriel is one of my all time favorite books <3
Current Projects:
Joan Elliot Geisha
Mega Peacock (page 3 of 40)
Sophie's Universe

Visit my blog http://vmfwbojtte.blogspot.com :)

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Still haven't finished the Anita Blake book yet as I've been stuck not going to the gym for one reason or another (might have to get back to it after I finish my current book if things don't turn back to gym going....).

I started reading The Husband's Secret because I keep seeing people rave about it. Been pretty good so far.