So...What Are You Reading Now?

Anything goes!
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: So...What Are You Reading Now?

Post by QueenBex »

Anita Blake Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton

It has gotten me back into proper reading again.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

QueenBex wrote:Anita Blake Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton

It has gotten me back into proper reading again.

I enjoyed that book. Think I got to book 13 in the series before I ended up putting them down and forgetting about them.

I've just finished a court if thorns and roses by Sarah j Maas. It's a beauty and the beast take in volleying fairies.

Edit: In volleying? Involving. I really need to check that my iPad isn't changing words.
Last edited by Hellfire on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Hellfire wrote:I've just finished a court if thorns and roses by Sarah j Maas. It's a beauty and the beast take in volleying fairies.
Oooooh...I'll have to look into that book. Did you like it?
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

SunkistShiek wrote:
Hellfire wrote:I've just finished a court if thorns and roses by Sarah j Maas. It's a beauty and the beast take in volleying fairies.

I enjoyed it. I didn't want to put it down.
When I first picked it up I thought it was part of her other series a throne of glass.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Re-reading Who-Ology and also reading "Fires of Invention" by J. Scott Savage

As for listening, currently listening to Jacob T. Marley before I listen to Christmas Carol
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

scarletstitcher
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by scarletstitcher »

Hellfire wrote:
SunkistShiek wrote:

I enjoyed it. I didn't want to put it down.
When I first picked it up I thought it was part of her other series a throne of glass.
Have you read the throne of glass series? I heard it was really good, but I didn't like the first book all that much when I read it. I keep saying I should give the second one a try but I haven't yet.

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

scarletstitcher wrote:
Have you read the throne of glass series? I heard it was really good, but I didn't like the first book all that much when I read it. I keep saying I should give the second one a try but I haven't yet.

I just need to read the last one. It's on my to read pile, that seems to keep growing :(
I found with the first one once you got past the beginning it flowed a bit more. And some bits just seemed weird.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Just finished reading the Wool, Shift and Dust trilogy by Hugh Howey. Really really enjoyed this, can't remember if it was a recommendation from someone here (I've gone back a few pages and couldn't see it, so sorry if it was and I've not come across it yet!) but I'd definitely suggest it if you like post-apocalyptic stuff. And if you like the idea of a post-apocalyptic world set in a silo? Then it's right up your street!

Also, yay for all the Anita Blake readers! She came to London back in August and I took the day off to meet her and get some books signed. She was really lovely in person, as was her husband (who helped with the Anita Blake comics, and was signing those for people that had bought them along)

Now trying to decide what to read next... My partner has suggested a Harlen Coben book, so it's either that or the Dresden Files (as that's been on the to-read list for a while now!)
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

MeiTow wrote:
I'm currently reading: Egyptian Mythology A-Z (I actually started this book about a year ago and put it down so now I've started it over since I'm kind of on an ancient Egypt kick), Masters of Sex (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Showtime series so wanted to read the book), America's Hidden History, and Fragments (the third book in the Out of Time series by Monique Martin).
Finished the Egyptian Mythology A-Z and America's Hidden History books. Both were good. Still haven't gotten back to the other two yet. Got distracted with Jenny Lawson's Furiously Happy. It was pretty good as well. I recommend it to anyone dealing with mental illness and/or anxiety. Heck, anyone, really. I don't suffer from either of those conditions but I found the book to be a really good read and helped me understand a little. She has a great cadence and really makes you feel like she's in the room telling you about how things go through her head. Now I'm reading Andy Weir's The Martian. I love the cadence of it as well.

Jennuh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Jennuh »

I pop around and read a lot of books at once.. but right now it's not as many..

Currently reading:

Warriors: The New Prophecy -- Twilight by Erin Hunter
Lord of Chaos Wheel of Time #6 by Robert Jordan (also switching between listening and reading for this novel for when I'm commuting)
Neon Genesis Evangelion #5 manga

Re-reading:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling
Image Image Image