Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

What games are you playing now, and why?

Anything goes!
arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: What games are you playing now, and why?

Post by arkani »

QueenBex wrote:
WeeRamekin wrote:
QueenBex wrote:I cannot stress enough how much I want the Animal Crossing New Leaf game or Pikmin 3!!!
I am so excited for the new Animal Crossing... I even have a countdown timer on my phone - 58 days! :yahoo:
I wonder if the UK gets it before or after you guys? Considering I haven't seen a release date for it anywhere yet I'm guessing we'll be after... :confused:
Australia (me!!) is getting it on the 20-something of June, so you should be somewhere around there.
I can't wait for it :) those of us who do get it should totally get together in game!

I'm going through Pokemon Platinum again, mainly because I can't find my giratina on my later games.
I wish I still had my old yellow version! Ah, nostalgia..
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

I'm playing Pokemon Black (the first one.) Basically my niece buys the latest Pokemon game, and then when she's done, I play it. :) That won't work with the one that's about to come out though. I'd have to buy a 3DS. I'm not sure if I want to because I'm not a big fan of 3D. What do you guys think? Does anyone have a 3DS? Do you like it?
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

Me and my boyfriend both have 3ds, and going to be honest, i have never used the 3d. There is a slider to turn it off. I looked at it for about 5 min with the 3d on, and it gave me a migraine. The games are great (Zelda OOT, etc) but the 3d effect isn't very usable.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

starrley wrote:I'm not sure if I want to because I'm not a big fan of 3D. What do you guys think? Does anyone have a 3DS? Do you like it?
It's not an effect I enjoy. It's why I don't have a 3DS, I just play my boyfriend's when he comes to stay. Everything looks like it's on different layers (background and foreground) and after a while it makes me feel like my eyes are crossed. I usually leave the 3D off. My boyfriend can't even see the 3D when it's on, because his glasses affect it. Even if he could I think it'd hurt his head!

As to what I've been playing, mostly Final Fantasy Theatrhythm on 3DS (no 3D!) and also Binary Domain. Now that my significant other has gone home, it'll be back to Orcs Must Die 2 and maybe some Skyrim and Borderlands 1 / 2 if my simulator sickness allows!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

blackmageheart wrote:
starrley wrote:I'm not sure if I want to because I'm not a big fan of 3D. What do you guys think? Does anyone have a 3DS? Do you like it?
It's not an effect I enjoy. It's why I don't have a 3DS, I just play my boyfriend's when he comes to stay. Everything looks like it's on different layers (background and foreground) and after a while it makes me feel like my eyes are crossed. I usually leave the 3D off. My boyfriend can't even see the 3D when it's on, because his glasses affect it. Even if he could I think it'd hurt his head!

As to what I've been playing, mostly Final Fantasy Theatrhythm on 3DS (no 3D!) and also Binary Domain. Now that my significant other has gone home, it'll be back to Orcs Must Die 2 and maybe some Skyrim and Borderlands 1 / 2 if my simulator sickness allows!

I do use the 3d effect...but only on one of the lowest settings. I like the bit of depth, and i'm curious to see what Pokemon X&Y will look like on the 3ds.

Animal Crossing release: EU June 14, 2013 - would this cover the UK too?
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

arkani wrote:Animal Crossing release: EU June 14, 2013 - would this cover the UK too?
Should do!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Lileya
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Lileya »

starrley wrote:I'm playing Pokemon Black (the first one.) Basically my niece buys the latest Pokemon game, and then when she's done, I play it. :) That won't work with the one that's about to come out though. I'd have to buy a 3DS. I'm not sure if I want to because I'm not a big fan of 3D. What do you guys think? Does anyone have a 3DS? Do you like it?
Same as all the others: I don't use the 3D features as it gives me a headache and feel cross eyed after a while. It's a great portable console without the feature, more and more good games being released for it. It's worth the purchase IMO.
Current projects :
Out of commission after surgery until May.

Currently playing : Speed runs of Biohazard HD Remaster

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

blackmageheart wrote:
arkani wrote:Animal Crossing release: EU June 14, 2013 - would this cover the UK too?
Should do!
WOOHOO!!! :yahoo: :D
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Can June's challenge be Animal Crossing themed to celebrate?
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

WeeRamekin
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by WeeRamekin »

QueenBex wrote:Can June's challenge be Animal Crossing themed to celebrate?
I second that! :nod
WIP: Mario Through the Ages; Stitch-a-long Sampler; Portal Gift for BF; Learning to work with plastic canvas