Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

What games are you playing now, and why?

Anything goes!
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: What games are you playing now, and why?

Post by QueenBex »

I've been having a break from games for a while, but hoping once I've finished my sisters stitch I'll have more time for gaming and smaller stitches! I'm in the middle of Tomb Raider on PS3, Final Fantasy (I forget which number, the one with the chocobo chick in the guys hair (heck I've forgotten his name too! I need to play it again!!)) and on 3DS I'm on the latest Professor Layton and have a unfinished Fire Emblem on the go too, I think I may re-start that its been so long... Not mentioning my ongoing love of Harvest Moon!
I cannot stress enough how much I want the Animal Crossing New Leaf game or Pikmin 3!!! Have plenty to keep me going though, I was given Infamous at christmas and I haven't even begun that yet. :P

and of course on occaision when I'm visiting the family I sometimes play WiiU games with them. :choco
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I'm playing a puzzle game on my DS Lite almost every night before I go to sleep because I enjoy puzzles, and I am also playing DQ VIII: Journey of the Cursed King on the PS2. Hubby got us that game several years ago and then lent it to someone at his old work and we never got it back. Our son has been bugging about getting it again, so for his birthday back on the 31st of March, we bought it again and he and I are both playing it about 2 or 3 times a week.

WeeRamekin
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by WeeRamekin »

QueenBex wrote:I cannot stress enough how much I want the Animal Crossing New Leaf game or Pikmin 3!!!
I am so excited for the new Animal Crossing... I even have a countdown timer on my phone - 58 days! :yahoo:
WIP: Mario Through the Ages; Stitch-a-long Sampler; Portal Gift for BF; Learning to work with plastic canvas

TheMainlander
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by TheMainlander »

Been playing Persona 4 Golden on the Vita for a while now.

Got the Vita because I was going to be living out of a hotel for several months (work thing), and wasn't sure if I could deal with lugging around the PS3. The work thing is delayed, but not the Vita. What a great game! Got it because I was jonesing for a good JRPG, and that's about the only one I could find for the Vita. I love it so much, I might need to go back and check out some older Persona games.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."
-Jayne, Firefly

IzzyXIII
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by IzzyXIII »

For me, at the moment, mainly Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix version (trying to complete extra bosses for each story. Also, Finally beat that Mysterious Figure/Unknown secret boss for the first time ever) and Saints Row 2 (currently before final story mission, but completing side stuff).

More casually - Crisis Core (First playthough - Hard Mode. Stuck before final bosses, trying to complete missions to gain good items so I actually have a shot at beating those bosses. Also too stubborn to go back through the game in not-hard mode), FFV (PS version download on PS3) and NSMB U. Also a bit of SimCity too, but I've managed to nearly run one of my Cities into the ground, so not much recently.

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Currently playing Borderlands 2 with the bf, and we started Resident Evil 6 as well. I have no sense of direction, and can't figure out the map in Borderlands, so I usually end up following him to where we're supposed to be before wandering off and getting lost again.

When the bfs out, I've been playing Brutal Legend - a game my little brother gave me when his Xbox red-ringed. Loved the game, and I'm now trying to find the last few things for 100% completion.

We've also just purchased a Wii, and are collecting it this weekend. I'm hoping to go shopping for games for it tomorrow (along with some craft supplies!)
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

WeeRamekin
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by WeeRamekin »

lcockitt wrote: I have no sense of direction, and can't figure out the map in Borderlands, so I usually end up following him to where we're supposed to be before wandering off and getting lost again.
:nod This is so me - he got me Borderlands 1 & 2 - I just follow him to do missions and then afterwards I go wander around because I like to look at everything and next thing I know he's on the other side of the map...
WIP: Mario Through the Ages; Stitch-a-long Sampler; Portal Gift for BF; Learning to work with plastic canvas

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

Mario DDR. The sampler band made me pull my mat to play and it's a good choice when you hands need a break from stitching.

Lileya
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Lileya »

RMDC wrote:I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening non-stop for the past month or so. I love tactics games, but what really won me over was the support & marriage system.

I'm also running a tabletop RPG with my spouse which has been near-daily since we started this iteration. She's amazing, and I'm lucky to be able to GM for her.

Currently playing FE Awakening as well. I'm not very far (I didn't know there was a marriage system, that's awesome!!) mainly because I'm busy with the upcoming move and also using a lot of my free time to stitch but also because I always end up playing 2-3 games at once... XD The game is really great so far, Fire Emblem games always offer a great challenge, I get so * at it and I love it!!

Also playing Dead Space 2, half way through. A great survival horror series, to anybody that's into the genre, you should try it.

And I was also playing Sega Ages: Phantasy Star I (the fan translated version) and it's really fun, bringing a little bit of nostalgia! :D
Current projects :
Out of commission after surgery until May.

Currently playing : Speed runs of Biohazard HD Remaster

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

WeeRamekin wrote:
QueenBex wrote:I cannot stress enough how much I want the Animal Crossing New Leaf game or Pikmin 3!!!
I am so excited for the new Animal Crossing... I even have a countdown timer on my phone - 58 days! :yahoo:
I wonder if the UK gets it before or after you guys? Considering I haven't seen a release date for it anywhere yet I'm guessing we'll be after... :confused:
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC