Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario/Game of Thrones mashup

video game related pattern requests...
Icelandic Hitman
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Super Mario/Game of Thrones mashup

Post by Icelandic Hitman »

Ally wrote:Now to find mass amounts of evenweave to make the finished product a reasonable size...
sewitall.com.au they sell its up to 100cmx180cm on the site, but if you need it bigger just email Wayne and he can cut you what every you want
Thread Tracker for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad: http://touchscreencraft.wordpress.com
Etsy items for sales and charts : http://www.etsy.com/shop/touchscreencraft
DA : http://oziphantom.deviantart.com/

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

I've been trying to find a decent Australian site that stocks lots of different fabrics! Thanks for the link!
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

kellysouthpaw
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by kellysouthpaw »

I just wanted to bump this thread and say that I am taking this on as my next project! I have 20 ct aida (finished product will be about 16" x 30", roughly) and a tube of tulip liquid "light blue" dye. I'm planning on dying it so I don't have to stitch all of the water.

Will post WIP pictures as I go! So excited to get started!! :yahoo:
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Projects
Super Mario World Mini-Map: SPECIAL (50%)
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms (5%)

Future Projects
Super Mario World Map
SMW Mini-Maps: Yoshi Map, Vanilla Dome, Forest of Illusion, Bowser Map, Star Road

Finished
Epic Mario Through The Ages

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Nice! That reminds me of this world map I saw the other day:

http://static.hothdwallpaper.net/51ba8d8f2f0f380037.jpg

Asphodel
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Asphodel »

kellysouthpaw wrote:I just wanted to bump this thread and say that I am taking this on as my next project! I have 20 ct aida (finished product will be about 16" x 16", roughly) and a tube of tulip liquid "light blue" dye. I'm planning on dying it so I don't have to stitch all of the water.

Will post WIP pictures as I go! So excited to get started!! :yahoo:
This is really weird... I am taking this on as my next project too- currently almost halfway through the LTTP Light World Map - and am getting things together now ready to start. Came on the site this morning to ask if anyone had done this but dyed the Aida rather than stitching the water!!

Not sure if I can get the tulip dye here in the UK; was looking at a Dylon one, think it was called Bahama blue or something similar... Looking forward to seeing yours started though, it will be inspiration to get my finger out and finish my current one and start this! :D
Current Projects: LTTP Light World Map 11/15 complete
Next Project:
Game of Thrones / Super Mario World Mash-up map

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

I dyed the aida for my Epic Mario, and intend to dye it for the water on the SMW map if I ever get around to it. There was a discussion of dye colors here: http://spritestitch.com/forum/viewtopic ... 394#p50257 but I don't know if you'd be able to find those exact ones in the UK.

Asphodel
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Asphodel »

Ahhh thank you Funkymonkey! I thought I had seen a thread about the blue dyes but couldn't find it for love nor money! The Tulip Light Blue is pretty spot on but not seen that one over here... at least not in the big craft stores - will have a nosy through the thread and see if I can find reference to UK ones...failing that you can usually get pretty much anything on the net nowadays! :D
Current Projects: LTTP Light World Map 11/15 complete
Next Project:
Game of Thrones / Super Mario World Mash-up map

NMRaymond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by NMRaymond »

Recently, I actually started this awesome mashup! It's actually for my best friend. She has no patience for cross stitching, and she commissioned me to stitch it for her. I'm posting my progress photos on my DeviantART account, but I really should post them on Sprite Stitch too.

I've actually stitched the width of the project, which makes me feel super accomplished, especially when I've been working on it for less than ten days. I'm definitely going to post the progress photos sooner rather than later, maybe when I photograph the next progress day, which is the tenth day of actual work.
Current Projects:
Epic Pokemon Generation I
Game of Mushroom Kingdoms
"When Fandom Collides" Bag

Coming Soon:
Disney Mickey Villains
Wonder Woman Typography
...So Many More

One stitch at a time.

bradleyd
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by bradleyd »

I too have been inspired by this project and am in the process of getting all the material together for it. The kicker is, I have decided that I want to attach it to a rug/tapestry and hang it on the wall, and I am using 11 ct aida, which makes the thing the size of a small blanket, about 5 feet by 3. I was originally going to try to get aida to match the water color, but I could only find the size I needed on line and could not look at the color in person and it did not work out, so I will be stitching the water. I think that will look best though, as the internal lakes/water are the same color as the ocean and I think it might just look better. I am gridding this project out because it is so big, and I have already used up 3 of the little blue pens and have only gridded out about 3/5 of the whole thing.

out2lunch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by out2lunch »

Holy wow! You *HAVE* to post WIP pictures. That sounds amazing.
Current Project: Super Metroid villain #3: Crocomire