Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Pokemon - all gens!

video game related pattern requests...
rogueprincess20
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Pokemon - all gens!

Post by rogueprincess20 »

Oh awesome. I cant wait to see when you get started. I dont have the patience for something this large but I will happily sit by and watch others do it.
Current Projects: LTTP Light World

Mishatu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Mishatu »

It's started! Hancock Fabrics happened to have a bolt of 14-count Aida, 60" wide, so I decided to run with that instead of the 18-count. Probably cost me a lot less that way, too!

The most difficult part of this project is going to be keeping it a secret from my parents. They do NOT approve of me spending so much money on crafts, and I definitely spent a lot today, between the fabric, organizers, and such. Fortunately, the fabric still folds up pretty well and can hide in a bag I used for a different cross-stitch.

-dances around excitedly-

I'm going to call this my birthday present for myself, since I officially am no longer a teen :(

On to the old lady crafts! lol

Virdilak
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Virdilak »

If they give you a hard time, just tell them next time you'll spend the money on drugs and commemorative plates.

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

i should have some photos uploaded at some point shortly

*started a WIP thread if anyone is interested* edit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

countingpulses
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by countingpulses »

Nimby wrote:As far as I know, the only thing missing is a pdf of the Bottom Left section, correct?

I meant to attempt earlier, but oddly enough, I've been using my free time towards time-sensitive stitching projects to the point that I haven't managed to sign on here at all since I put up this pattern.

Good news is that I seem to have gotten it to work, so here's the missing piece:
KG-Chart.pdf
I know the title isn't explanatory, but I wanted to try as little additional stuff as possible. Specifically, this has only the symbols, and each page is 63x91 stitches in order to get the page number under 50. I'll double check to make sure I can open it after this post, so if it doesn't work, reload because I may have removed it for not working. :P

EDIT: Good news - I got it to open from this post! :yahoo:
I was wondering if a colour version has been posted yet? I downloaded the PDF that was posted, but it doesn't look complete to me. It's no big deal, I can work with the black & white copy, but it would be nice to have a colour version to reference every now & then. If possible, I'd like a colour version off the black & white version that Nimby posted. Many thanks in advance! :nod

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

This is it!
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Susing
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Susing »

I joined the site just to take on this project and the epic pokemon gen patterns. I am so excited. I am about to put in an order for 18 count aida large enough for this project. I will have to get some ribbon or tape to keep the ends from getting frayed as I work. This is totally awesome. Can't wait to get started.

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

Susing wrote:I joined the site just to take on this project and the epic pokemon gen patterns. I am so excited. I am about to put in an order for 18 count aida large enough for this project. I will have to get some ribbon or tape to keep the ends from getting frayed as I work. This is totally awesome. Can't wait to get started.
glad to see someone else joining in on my insanity! been at it for almost 2 years now, looking at a solid 8 more before its done.

edit *i am working from the .sth file, so its easier to edit, just an fyi, so far ive needed to change colors on seedot, charmander, zigzagoon, nuzleaf and voltorb. Also, i completely removed all of 741 and changed it to 740.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

samarin wrote:
Susing wrote:I joined the site just to take on this project and the epic pokemon gen patterns. I am so excited. I am about to put in an order for 18 count aida large enough for this project. I will have to get some ribbon or tape to keep the ends from getting frayed as I work. This is totally awesome. Can't wait to get started.
glad to see someone else joining in on my insanity! been at it for almost 2 years now, looking at a solid 8 more before its done.

edit *i am working from the .sth file, so its easier to edit, just an fyi, so far ive needed to change colors on seedot, charmander, zigzagoon, nuzleaf and voltorb. Also, i completely removed all of 741 and changed it to 740.
That's a good idea. It would be awesome if you could post the pattern with your changes so far or maybe wait until you've completed it?
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Susing
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Susing »

Question,
Looking at the sizes and everything, has someone tried it with a 28 count with a single stitch over?

Also;
QueenBex wrote:
samarin wrote:

That's a good idea. It would be awesome if you could post the pattern with your changes so far or maybe wait until you've completed it?

Has anyone else had to change colors in certain areas? If so what color was replaced and what was it's replacement (like above)?