Kreia

video game related pattern requests...
Virdilak
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Kreia

Post by Virdilak »

Requesting Kreia from KOTOR2.

Size and color number don't really matter, whatever is needed to keep her face from looking like a jumbly mess. I'm guessing that and her hair will need to be simplified some.

Thank you!

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Kreia

Post by ovi.sergiu »

Since you did not mentioned any exact size or color numbers, here is something I came up:

The „No confetti version” (clear areas)
kreia-40dmc-noconfetti.jpg
The „Confetti version”:
kreia-40dmc-confetti.jpg
size for both is: 250 x 298 stitches
colors used for both: 49 DMC

I am open to suggestions.
OVI.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByOvi
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

Virdilak
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Virdilak »

Confetti Version is better, I think. Will take a little more work but flows nicer overall.

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

Virdilak wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:17 pm
Confetti Version is better, I think. Will take a little more work but flows nicer overall.
I don't know if you know what blends are, but I also made a version using blended DMC threads, for higher findelity.
What do you say?
40 DMC blends + 20 normal DMC = 60 colors.
same size like before
kreia-40blends-20dmc-total60colors-stitches.jpg
kreia-40blends-20dmc-total60colors-pixels.jpg
Ovi.
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

Virdilak
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Virdilak »

Does the blended version need 14 aida vs 16 or whatever, to make up for the extra strands? It does look more vibrant.

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

Blends can be used on any tipe of fabric.
I know that a lot of cross stitchers use croses (X X X) to cross stitch, but in my country we use half of crosees ( / / / ) to stitch, so in a needle you put one strand of 310 and also one strand of 3799. This is a blend containing 2 strands from 2 different threads, and you can stitch without problem on a 22 count, or 25 count. I think on Aida 16 or Aida 18 there is need for more strands...
What I designez was for 22 count, using 2 strands of thread, but is also applied to 25 count. Of course, that can be stitched on any other fabric count, but the smaller the count, the bigger the design will be when stitched.

Virdilak
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Virdilak »

Just two strands seems very doable, I was seeing a thing saying you needed to use six. Blended sounds good to me.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Just to add, ovi - blends of 2 different coloured strands is also widely used in cross stitch (X X X) as well as half cross/tent stitch/petit point (/ / /)
Also, 2 strands of thread is usually fine on 16 or 18ct aida. in fact I often use 2 strands on 14ct too!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

blackmageheart wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:48 pm
Just to add, ovi - blends of 2 different coloured strands is also widely used in cross stitch (X X X) as well as half cross/tent stitch/petit point (/ / /)
Also, 2 strands of thread is usually fine on 16 or 18ct aida. in fact I often use 2 strands on 14ct too!
I don't stitch on that count at all, it is too big for my taste, and I thought on Aida 16/16 there is need for 3 or 4 strands in order to cover it (a blend would need 2 strands from one DMC code and another 2 strands from the second DMC code). I have seen also people stitching on Aida 14/16 using 6 strands of thread, using crosses :grin:

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Oh yes, 14 is too big for me these days too so I only use it if that's all I have! But yes, 2 strands really is enough for 14, 16 and 18 - I used to use 3 strands on 14ct a long time ago to get a cross that looked full but as I got better at stitching I started to use 2 and it is fine! if you aren't doing full crosses then more strands is better though :)

Using 6 strands for crosses on any aida seems crazy to me! but that's why I love the cross stitch world, people are always doing different things :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...