Treasure Island Dizzy - C64

video game related pattern requests...
matthewbeetle
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Treasure Island Dizzy - C64

Post by matthewbeetle »

Hi everyone!

For the last 6 months I have really fancied trying to stitch a scene from my all-time favourite video game - Treasure Island Dizzy on the Commodore 64. I have found the image I would like to do here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

It is 8-bit (So 8 colours) and the image is full C64 screen size so: 320 * 240. (Width * Height)

The whole game is quite pixelated, so I think this transfers to one stitch per pixel (Which I am more than happy with) and I am told it would probably be best on 14 count aida and using DMX colours. Can anyone help me transfer this to a pattern?

Any help would be very gratefully received!

Thanks

Matt

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Treasure Island Dizzy - C64

Post by blackmageheart »

I'll do this for you, no problem. Two questions, though!
1. Will you be stitching the background in black or will you use black aida?
2. Do you want it at the full size of 320 x 240?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

matthewbeetle
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by matthewbeetle »

Hi blackmageheart!

Thank you ever so much! :o) It's been a desire of mine for a while, and to realise it would be amazing!

I'll be stitching the background in black (Call me a fool!) and yes I'd like the full size, however I have just googled it and the screen resolution for the game is 320 * 200 (W*H). This comes to 64k stitches which thinking about it is where the Commodore 64 probably gets its name....

The picture on my facebook above is an actual screenshot from the game (Not downloaded from the internet) and so the resolution is the best I think anyone can get!

Thanks again for the help!

Matt

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Here you go!

PCStitch file:
Treasure Island Dizzy PR.PAT
(330.55 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Colour PDF:
Treasure Island Dizzy PR.pdf
(584.28 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Good luck with this, and please come back and keep me updated on your progress - I'm old enough to remember when Dizzy was new and I loved it a lot!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

matthewbeetle
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by matthewbeetle »

Wow! The pattern is amazing! Thank you so so much! I expected a little bit of difference here or there that I would have to manually adjust, but those patterns are absolutely faultless! I couldn't have asked for better! ;o)

Thank you again, this will definitely take me a while, but the memories it brings back are so worth it! I'll keep you posted on how I get on!

You've genuinely made my day!
Matt