Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Waterfall Tunnel (Undertale)

video game related pattern requests...
ohlookitsgeorge
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Waterfall Tunnel (Undertale)

Post by ohlookitsgeorge »

When I saw this area I immediately thought it would make a good cross stitch design, so I made this:

Unfortunately I am having trouble matching the colours to the appropriate DMC thread. Would anybody be able to make a pattern for this with a list of colours?
I plan on using black aida, so that colour thread can be omitted.
I also know that this is a pretty big image (528x306 pixels!), so advice on what count aida to use would be appreciated.

Edit: So the smallest thread count I could find was black 32 count linen (http://www.sewandso.co.uk/Products/32-C ... 19x27.aspx) which still means the finished product would be 16.5 inches long. Does anyone have any experience working with this size and fabric?

ohlookitsgeorge
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Waterfall Tunnel (Undertale)

Post by ohlookitsgeorge »

So after using a trial of KG-Chart Pro it produced this image (I added the black background in for contrast):
And here's the list of DMC colours it produced:
# of colors: 6 Colors
Color Table (DMC)
* 939 (4228 ct)
* 890 (20059 ct)
* 500 (7555 ct)
* 3844 (3028 ct)
* 996 (283 ct)
* 930 (1569 ct)

The choice of colours just seem odd to me. Are there no shades dark enough?

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by nintandrew »

Ignoring the splotch of pink 3713 in the top left (it's a bug with my software, it should be 310), I get this:
untertale(D65 DMCvalues).png
untertale(D65 DMCvalues).png (13.84 KiB) Viewed 5097 times
pattern(it's kinda big at 49 pages, including a color index page at the end):
untertale(D65).pdf
(13.39 MiB) Downloaded 283 times
You might want to look at replacing the 518 on the roofs with 3844, just because it's brighter and would pop more. Also, I would recommend looking at a DMC color card before starting to make sure you're happy with the colors. The software doesn't seem to be able to distinguish that gradient in the middle leading up to the castle as I'm not sure if DMC colors have shades close enough to match each step there.
Eyup

DevilAngelWolf27
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by DevilAngelWolf27 »

I hand picked all of the colors so they should be pretty close, but I would still highly recommend looking at a DMC chart to double check >.< (KG Chart is famous for having colors that look NOTHING like the real deal so I used a DMC color chart to pick them out)

And for some reason my KG Chart wouldn't let me go above 500 for the width, so I shaved 14 pixels off of the left and right side of the picture (to equal 28) which knowing that they're missing you can easily just add them in while stitching.

This has been added to my super huge pile of to-do's, I absolutely adore this game ^-^
Attachments
Undertale Waterfall Tunnel.pdf
(3.59 MiB) Downloaded 366 times