Monster Hunter 3U Guild Card

video game related pattern requests...
hopjr
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Monster Hunter 3U Guild Card

Post by hopjr »

Hey there :)

I have a friend who is a very big fan of Monster Hunter and has asked me to look into making a cross stitch for him from the guild card from MH3U.

I noticed that the picture doesn't display properly, so here is the picture linked directly.

Is there anyone willing to take this one on? Just the main logo, the borders can be ignored completely. I have no requirements for size, but not too massive obviously, it has to be possible to complete it. Basically a size that shows all the details and gives reasonably clean lines. Preferably 14/16 count, as I already have a 18 count project that is going to take me the next 2 years to complete xD

As it's just two colours, it's fine if I get the pattern in black/white or whichever colours, I can adjust according to what I end up making it on :D

A massive thank you in advance to anyone who tries to take this on!

Margareth

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Monster Hunter 3U Guild Card

Post by nintandrew »

I've never played any Monster Hunter game, but this looks like an interesting design. The pattern is 97 stitches wide by 92 stitches tall. The design is 2,673 stitches alone, or 8,924 stitches with the background. On 14 count, it is about 6.9"x6.6" and on 16 count it is 6.1"x5.75".
Monster Hunter 3U Guild Card(DMCvalues).png
Monster Hunter 3U Guild Card(DMCvalues).png (2.56 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
Monster Hunter 3U Guild Card.pdf
The colors in this pattern are DMC 775 for the design and 3760 for the background
(759.31 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Eyup

hopjr
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by hopjr »

nintandrew wrote:I've never played any Monster Hunter game, but this looks like an interesting design. The pattern is 97 stitches wide by 92 stitches tall. The design is 2,673 stitches alone, or 8,924 stitches with the background. On 14 count, it is about 6.9"x6.6" and on 16 count it is 6.1"x5.75".
That is awesome, thank you so much! Is there any chance I could get the KG-Chart file as well ? (If you happen to use that program :P) I want to experiment a little with the colours because the different items in the design represent different things, so I'm just thinking I'll try my hand at trying to make the colours match their purpose.

Really appreciate this!

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by nintandrew »

Sorry, I'm on a mac and not near my PC. You could try throwing the image into KG-Chart, hopefully it wouldn't adjust anything but the colors. Glad you like it
Eyup

hopjr
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by hopjr »

Just wanted to show the finished result from the pattern I got here!
MH3U_small.png
MH3U_small.png (388.24 KiB) Viewed 4530 times

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wow...great job!!! :good:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson