Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Harry Potter Things!

non video game related projects...
Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Harry Potter Things!

Post by Laialda »

Alright finally took pics of several projects I've finished over the last year! Behold!

Here is the second Arigumi I ever made, mock 2. I say mock 2 because I had to remake his hair, he looked a bit like he was balding the first go around since it was my first try at hair. I've put Harry in his Hogwarts uniform for his base and hand crafted a wand for him out of sculpy. His scarf is made out of yarn which I knotted like a friendship bracelet since it was so tiny. O.O The glasses are just a bit of black wire that once bent around a pen made the perfect size for his glasses!
Materials: Yarn, wire, sculpy and painted buttons.
Time to Complete: 2 Days or about 8-10 hours.
Savior of the Wizarding World factor: Unquestionable

Ah, pranksters extraordinaire! Behold the dynamic duo of the Weasley Twins! Once I had committed to making them I knew at once that instead of being in uniform like Harry, I would put them in their Weasley sweaters. ^_^ Wands are once again hand sculpted out of sculpy, and you may notice that while the design in the same, the wands go in opposite directions. ^_~
Materials: Yarn, sculpy and painted buttons.
Time to Complete: 3 Days for both or about 12 hours.
Mischief Factor: Devilishly Devious

Now this is actually an ever growing project of mine and my roommate's. I made these shelves sometime during middle school and never had anything to use them for but held on to them n one the less. About 2 years ago we get the bright idea to use to to hold fake potion ingredients and the result is what you see before you. If someone really wants to know I'll post a list of all the type of ingredients and what we 'made' them with but not right now :P. Labels are made by my roomie with my help and cut out and applied by me. Bottles are from Michaels at Halloween.

Hope you all enjoy these! ^_^
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: Harry Potter Things!

Post by LiquidKarma »

I love the bottles! I'm curious as to what you put in them...

jeala
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by jeala »

-falls off chair- The Twins! I love their hair!

Those bottles are really awesome too. I'd love to know what you used for ingredients. XDXD

Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Laialda »

Alright! Ask and ye shall receive (now that I have sometime to type all this...) Now let me start by saying our goal was for appearances, not actual ingredients. In fact our original goal was to have them all be candy so we could snack on them ^.^ but we quickly realized that wouldn't be possible...

Top Row (left to right)
Bubotuber Pus - Made from melted marshmallow fluff, lemon powder sugar and a little bit of honey...we dare not open this, it smells quite bad...>.<
Powdered Unicorn Horn - crushed clear rock candy, I had alot of fun crushing it too :D
Crushed Scarab Beetles - Black Pop Rocks and black powder sugar, it makes an excellent sound when we shake it too! ^_^
Doxy Eggs - Tiny fake grapes pulled off the vine :P
Snake Fangs - this was very hard to find something for actually, we ended up using some random beads I bought once like 4 years ago that look like fangs
Lacewing Flies - cheap fake flies from the Halloween store :P
Wormwood - whole sticks of cinnamon

Bottom Row (left to right)
Belladona - Dried bay Leaves
Dragon Blood - sour red liquid candy, it's very thick so to looks quite blood like :)
Leeches - gummi alligators in sour green liquid candy, we used alligators because they can in green/yellow and looked alot like leeches
Boomslang Skin - tiny pieces of crumpled decorative foil, it's the stuff you apply on furniture to make it look antiqued
Mandrake Root - Ok this one isn't actually done yet, we're going to buy some ginger root when we remember to go by a whole foods store one day but right now what you see in there is what we originally bought to use as doxy eggs...mini jaw breakers :P while we liked the size it bugged me that they were white when the eggs are supposed to be black. So I am much happier with the grapes as the eggs and we just try and eat these every onw and then so they don't go to waste. ^_^

We have plans for several more and have already bought another 10 or so jars. One of them already has it's ingredients (Bezors) which we just got some river rocks for :P Hope that wasn't too anticlimactic for you all.
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

Dragoniron7
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Dragoniron7 »

that is truely going above and beyond, i would have just left the bottles empty or something. :wiz

jeala
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by jeala »

Anticlimactic? No! I think it's actually really, really creative that you used that stuff! Thanks for sharing the info, and good luck on the next ones!

ConSonar
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by ConSonar »

the jars are amazing the have a great look to them, and i loved the ideas of stuff you used to put in them, very awesom

Rozez1982
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Rozez1982 »

I never got into Harry Potter but those jars are so cool! The dolls are so cute too!

Lady Aracne
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Lady Aracne »

wow! those bottles are awesome! Love them all and your amigurumi too, I want to try to make some, but I am not good at crocheting, I will try anyway! :mush :mush