Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest (cross-stiitch)

non video game related projects...
Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest (cross-stiitch)

Post by Laialda »

ToastofDoom wrote:Do you have this posted on Deviantart? I saw this stitching on there, which is the reason I decided to take up cross-stitching, b/c I wanted to do this pattern. I started in February and blitzed through half of it in two months. all I have left are Slytherin, Hufflepuff, the banner, and the details on the right side of the crest. I changed the Hufflepuff background as well, and I filled in the split between the lion's tail with gray. I flubbed something up on the right hand side of the crest so I know it is off by a stitch, but I have no idea where. I haven't worked on this since April as I have been doing a couple squares for the charity quilt, and also super busy, but I love this patter :) It pleases the symmetry and Harry Potter nerd in me
Yes I do :) My name is coliescutecrafts on DA so if that's the creator then it was mine. I'm flattered my piece is the reason you wanted to cross-stitch and bravo to you for attempting such a time consuming and frustrating piece on your first go! Oh I know how it can be. I went nuts when I realized my banner off and had to undo about 100 tiny stitches to fix it >.< And yes, it really is a lovely pattern. Littlemojo did brilliant work and it was sad she just sort of disappeared the way she did. Good luck on completing yours! :D
RockstarGirl wrote:That looks awesome! I have a Hogwarts crest pin as well.

I think changing the colors around was a great idea, it makes it stand out better. One of these days I might get around to doing this one.
Thank you :) My pin lives in my car right now sadly as it needs a new back. :( I've no idea why they made the backgrounds different on it to begin with but I'm glad you approve of the change. If you do end up making one just be prepared to buy lots of black floss and go cross-eyed from double checking your count with it, lol. :P
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

RockstarGirl
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by RockstarGirl »

Laialda wrote:
RockstarGirl wrote:That looks awesome! I have a Hogwarts crest pin as well.

I think changing the colors around was a great idea, it makes it stand out better. One of these days I might get around to doing this one.
Thank you :) My pin lives in my car right now sadly as it needs a new back. :( I've no idea why they made the backgrounds different on it to begin with but I'm glad you approve of the change. If you do end up making one just be prepared to buy lots of black floss and go cross-eyed from double checking your count with it, lol. :P
Ah, but I cheat - I have a water soluble pen, so I'll draw the outline of the black areas on the cloth, and then just fill them in - that way I don't spend so much time counting :P
~*RockstarGirl*~
Image Image

gamerghoul13
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by gamerghoul13 »

OMG! I am working on this exact same pattern right now. It's been about a month and a half that I've been toying with this, and I still haven't gotten past the top of the Gryffindor/Slytherin crests. It's a big undertaking but I'm glad to see it came out awesome for you!.

KiRadical
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by KiRadical »

This looks fantastic. I think I'm gonna have to stitch this... eventually. I need to start on the Christmas gifts soon. :)

But yours looks fantastic. :good:
Gamertag: Kiraaaaaaaaaaa (that's 11 "a"s)
PSN ID: xfg_kiradical
Pottermore: AsphodelLeviosa68

Current projects:
"Halloween" kitties
Christmas Gifts:
Turtles for Boyfriend - completed!
Pixel Doll
Celebrate life x3

Michiru
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Michiru »

This is awesome! You did such a great job! I'm a avid Hufflepuff fan so I support your use of the yellow instead of the blue. I think it looks much better.

Thank you for posting the pattern. I really want to do this one! :clap:

ToastofDoom
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ToastofDoom »

Yes I do :) My name is coliescutecrafts on DA so if that's the creator then it was mine. I'm flattered my piece is the reason you wanted to cross-stitch and bravo to you for attempting such a time consuming and frustrating piece on your first go! Oh I know how it can be. I went nuts when I realized my banner off and had to undo about 100 tiny stitches to fix it >.< And yes, it really is a lovely pattern. Littlemojo did brilliant work and it was sad she just sort of disappeared the way she did. Good luck on completing yours! :D
I actually think it was a perfect piece to start stitching on :) lots of block stitching and not a lot of little bits of colour here and there like I had on my quilt squares. I got mono recently so I have started working on it again, and soo excited at how quickly it is coming along!

$n0wflake
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by $n0wflake »

That came out awesome!!
I can't even show it to my fiance (HUGE Potter fan :wiz ) since he will then be begging me to do it too!
Great work!
WIP's:
Jessica Rabbit
Mordecai and Rigby
Spongebob
(Secret Game) K.H. Stained Glass

Sheetaaa
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheetaaa »

Hi!! I'm currently stitching this one:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/featu ... erincrest6

And my problem is that the other crests are not in this style... I love this design and I'd like to do the other Houses. The only thing I could do is to contact little mojo (I'm not going to ask you to create three Houses for me :D ) to know if he/she has done the other Houses in this style and didn't upload them. So... do you know where I could contact little mojo?

By the way, your Hogwarts crest is beautiful! :thumbsup:

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

Sheetaaa wrote:Hi!! I'm currently stitching this one:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/featu ... erincrest6

And my problem is that the other crests are not in this style... I love this design and I'd like to do the other Houses. The only thing I could do is to contact little mojo (I'm not going to ask you to create three Houses for me :D ) to know if he/she has done the other Houses in this style and didn't upload them. So... do you know where I could contact little mojo?

By the way, your Hogwarts crest is beautiful! :thumbsup:
Little Mojo hasn't been heard from for a long time now, so I think you are out of luck in being able to contact her.
Image Image Image Image

Sheetaaa
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheetaaa »

Too bad...

Well, that's not so terrible, everyone will think that I'm so daaark for loving only Slytherin, but it's fine anyway! :D