Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest (cross-stiitch)

non video game related projects...
Smokesta
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Re: Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest (cross-stiitch)

Post by Smokesta »

You could stitch that into a flag.

Lady Aracne
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Lady Aracne »

that is stunning! great job!

LonelyTourist
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by LonelyTourist »

Wow, that looks great. I actually just started stitching this pattern a few weeks ago, and of course I didn't notice that the colors in the pattern were off until today. The section I started with was Hufflepuff, so I've already filled in a lot of blue and now it's going to bother me forever if I don't change it to yellow. Do you remember what color you used for your yellow? Also, did you use the same gold that was listed in the pattern for the middle and the edges, because my gold looks much yellower than yours?

Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Laialda »

LonelyTourist wrote:Wow, that looks great. I actually just started stitching this pattern a few weeks ago, and of course I didn't notice that the colors in the pattern were off until today. The section I started with was Hufflepuff, so I've already filled in a lot of blue and now it's going to bother me forever if I don't change it to yellow. Do you remember what color you used for your yellow? Also, did you use the same gold that was listed in the pattern for the middle and the edges, because my gold looks much yellower than yours?
I did use the listed colors for the gold trim. It looks more yellow in person then in the picture here (they look a bit faded upon comparison). The yellow I used I'm fairly sure was DMC 444. I can't remember in which crafting bag I have this rolled up scroll like in right now to compare but looking in my bin it looks about right. ^_^ Sorry to hear you want to pull out what you've done :(. Once I decided I was going to be changing the colors for those two sections I made the decision to start at the top and work my way down so I had time to pick my colors. >.< Normally I do the typical start at in the middle and spiralish out from there. Good luck on your venture at the crest! :D
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

smashlee
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by smashlee »

Laialda wrote:The pattern is from Little Mojo's site and I only made 2 changes to it. The color that is behind Ravenclaw was supposed to be hind Huffelpuff and Raven claw had a lighter shade of blue. I have the pin this is based off of as well but I wanted it to be a bit more uh 'authentic' i suppose. So I pulled a nice bright yellow that stood out from the gold already in the piece for Huffelpuff, and moved the darker of the two blues to Ravenclaw's side. I still have the pattern for this so if anyone else would like it just let me know and i'll get it scanned in for you since little mojo's site isn't working.
OMG I WULD LOVE THE PATTERN!!!!

cinnypotter
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by cinnypotter »

great job!how can i get the pattern? :wiz

ezsebeth
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by ezsebeth »

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/featu ... artscrest3

Here is the pattern.

She did change some colours, so keep that in mind.

Anyway good luck with the pattern ^^
Epic Pokemon I: 6.8%

faewren
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by faewren »

That would make an awesome wall scroll.
We are the Patchwork Pokemon Gym! Fear our needles for we summon our Pokemon with fabric and floss! And we are AWESOME!!

ToastofDoom
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ToastofDoom »

Do you have this posted on Deviantart? I saw this stitching on there, which is the reason I decided to take up cross-stitching, b/c I wanted to do this pattern. I started in February and blitzed through half of it in two months. all I have left are Slytherin, Hufflepuff, the banner, and the details on the right side of the crest. I changed the Hufflepuff background as well, and I filled in the split between the lion's tail with gray. I flubbed something up on the right hand side of the crest so I know it is off by a stitch, but I have no idea where. I haven't worked on this since April as I have been doing a couple squares for the charity quilt, and also super busy, but I love this patter :) It pleases the symmetry and Harry Potter nerd in me

RockstarGirl
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by RockstarGirl »

That looks awesome! I have a Hogwarts crest pin as well.

I think changing the colors around was a great idea, it makes it stand out better. One of these days I might get around to doing this one.
~*RockstarGirl*~
Image Image