Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest (cross-stiitch)

non video game related projects...
Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest (cross-stiitch)

Post by Laialda »

It is finally done! This has been a pet project of mine since August of 08'. So yes this bad boy took just about exactly 10 months to finish. It was made on 18 count linen cloth, not adia, so it's not so stiff. I haven't washed it or framed it yet but when I do I'll post that as well ^_^

The pattern is from Little Mojo's site and I only made 2 changes to it. The color that is behind Ravenclaw was supposed to be hind Huffelpuff and Raven claw had a lighter shade of blue. I have the pin this is based off of as well but I wanted it to be a bit more uh 'authentic' i suppose. So I pulled a nice bright yellow that stood out from the gold already in the piece for Huffelpuff, and moved the darker of the two blues to Ravenclaw's side. I still have the pattern for this so if anyone else would like it just let me know and i'll get it scanned in for you since little mojo's site isn't working.
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

Mak327
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest (cross-stiitch)

Post by Mak327 »

Looks Great! I like the colors you used!

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Wow, that's really quite wonderful. There will be some happy Harry Potter Fans on here that will like this pattern :grin:

The linen you used. Where did you get it from and whats the price difference between linen and aida (if there is one)?
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

jeala
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by jeala »

Wow! This looks really nice!

<3!

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

That is fantastic and I love the little changes you made. Could you let us know what DMC thread colors you changed them to. I think I may put this in my to do pile and I would like to do it with the changes you have.

Mak327
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Mak327 »

jelibe wrote:whats the price difference between linen and aida (if there is one)?
There is a little bit of different from my experience, but the look of it in the end in my opinion usually warrants it. Although, I guess it depends on the item being stitched. For like a 15 by 18 piece at Jo-Ann's I spend like 7ish on the linen, whereas I could get the aida of the same size for like 4ish. These are estimated prices, they're probably something that ends in 99 or 98 or whatever, but that's a close range. So, I guess it is sort of like almost double, but I feel like the difference isn't double when they are larger sizes, but maybe they still are. I don't know.

sirinth
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by sirinth »

That's actually one of the patterns I was planning to do eventually.
I have it saved somewhere...

Nice to see it done, though. Makes me really want to get it done now!
Gamer, Cross-Stitcher, and Twitch.tv partner.
Watch me Cross Stitch and chat with me LIVE on Twitch!
Image ImageImage Image Image

jelibe
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by jelibe »

Thank you. I know what you mean (prices) if the piece your wanting to stitch (like this crest) warrents it, then why not :D You've got to go with what you think will give your art justice. :D It certainly does in this piece. Money well spent I'd say :D
Image http://jelibe-spritegirl.blogspot.com/ Visit my little crafty blog!!

Laialda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Laialda »

I did get the fabric at Michaels but since it was almost a year ago I can't say I really remember how much it was >.< . About $5-6 dollars sounds about right though. As for the colors I changed I'll have to look that up since I don't think I wrote it down sorry :( . So I have to do some color matching from my like 100-200 color collection box.....yeah....so i'll get that for you over the holiday weekend most likely, and scan the pattern to put too. ^_^ I plan on entering it in my stitching program one day and making some changes. There isn't symmetry in some parts and there is in others so I'd like to make it uniform and match all that symmetry up :P. Why yes I am crazy, thanks for asking lol. Anywho, thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone! It really made me happy to see so many people think it turned out well or inspired them to make one too. ^_^
I reject your reality and submit my own! - Mythbusters
Laialda's Etsy Shop: Craftigurumi
My gallery over on DeviantArt

Dragoniron7
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Dragoniron7 »

dont worry, im OCD about symmetry as well