Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

On The Edge

non video game related projects...
shanoa
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: On The Edge

Post by shanoa »

This is amazing! I wish I had the dedication to complete a stitching project anywhere near this size!
The colors are absolutely gorgeous and your stitches are so even! I know that last part sounds a bit odd, but I can't stand when my stitches don't come out square and yours are just perfect! I'm totally jealous. :sigh:
Current Projects:
Frederick the Literate kit

loafoftoast
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by loafoftoast »

Thanks everybody for your well wishes, it helps to keep me motivated for this while I get my threads together to start my Charity Quilt square. As for perfect stitches, I giggle. There are so many imperfections that it's crazy.

But to the update! I haven't looked into getting another 115 yet because leaving the house is a huge pain right now with the snow and winter, so I've decided to focus on other parts that I have all the colours for. I've started the trees!
Spoiler
008.JPG
008.JPG (302.9 KiB) Viewed 5140 times

loafoftoast
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by loafoftoast »

A wild update appears!

So, I've been focusing on doing the trees for the last little while, and daaaaang it's weird to switch to that after all that time doing the huge chunks of colour in the sunset. I haven't had to switch between colours this often in forever! So to break up the "aahhhh not another change" I've been starting to fill in the "black" sections that are predominant on this side.
Spoiler
002.JPG
002.JPG (314.37 KiB) Viewed 5113 times
Also, dear gods help me my cat is driving me NUTS! She keeps batting the almost black threads down onto the floor and rolling all over them covering them in her fur. And then when I go to stitch after I've de-catted as well as I can she decides to jump onto my lap and rub all over the fabric. So now everything is covered in silver and black fur!

Example (sorry for the fuzzy. was an old phone shot):
Spoiler
camera 032.JPG
camera 032.JPG (137.25 KiB) Viewed 5113 times

Aridesh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Aridesh »

This is such an amazing piece! Keep up the good work!
I completely understand about the cats. I have two. One is all black, and the other is black and white. It seems like they ignore me all day until I sit down and start stitching. Then they decide that it's time to jump into my lap underneath my stitching and worm their way under my hands up to my face, rubbing their back against the aida the entire time! I'd be more frustrated if they weren't so cute! :D
They also like to steal unguarded floss and try to eat it, ripping it to shreds in the process. That's when they're a lot less cute...
Current WIPs: Baby's Christmas Stocking
Shop: fromarideshwithlove.tictail.com
Blog: fromarideshwithlove.wordpress.com
Most progress pictures are on my Instagram. http://www.instagram.com/craftyaridesh

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I just found this thread and I have to say, looking over your progress from beginning to now, it looks AWESOME!!!!!! I can't wait to see it done!!

monkeypeaches
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by monkeypeaches »

I just subscribed to this thread because I can't wait to see all of your progress! This is so beautiful; keep up the great work!
My blog is a mishmash of my crafty/nerdy lollygagging
http://whimsydaisical.blogspot.com/

Anime I'm stitching along to: Sailor Moon R or Bleach

Image Image Image

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

loafoftoast wrote:Grrrr arg! So I've read about others doing large projects running in to two skiens of the same number that are definately not the same colour and I thought "phew. I haven't had that problem." And then about 20 minutes ago I decided to go through the threads I've picked up and start doing colours that weren't the sunset. And then I noticed it. Two skiens of 155 that are OBVIOUSLY different. And I've already started to use one of them and have more than one skiens worth of stitches to do with it. Excuse my while I go bang my head against a wall. :banghead:

I recently had this problem! I had already stitched hundreds of stitches with each in different areas before I noticed the problem. What I ended up doing is stitching with one strand from each dye lot for the areas in between since I was using 2 strands, and it actually bridges the gap quite well. Good luck!! I know that sucks.

loafoftoast
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by loafoftoast »

Just a heads up! I have picked this up again and just broke the 50,000 stitches mark! :yahoo:

I am less than 800 away from the halfway point and shall be posting a new picture soon!

Aridesh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Aridesh »

I was literally just thinking about this piece the other day! I'm so glad to see that you've picked it back up! Also, congrats on breaking 50,000! :clapping:
Current WIPs: Baby's Christmas Stocking
Shop: fromarideshwithlove.tictail.com
Blog: fromarideshwithlove.wordpress.com
Most progress pictures are on my Instagram. http://www.instagram.com/craftyaridesh

loafoftoast
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by loafoftoast »

Cue the trumpets because I'm back!

I have finished the first half of this craziness And decided this momentous occasion required more than just an overall picture so prepare to be bombarded!
Spoiler
50 Percent Detail 1.JPG
50 Percent Detail 1.JPG (338.41 KiB) Viewed 4877 times
Spoiler
50 Percent Detail 2.JPG
50 Percent Detail 2.JPG (328.9 KiB) Viewed 4877 times
Spoiler
50 Percent Detail 3.JPG
50 Percent Detail 3.JPG (318.21 KiB) Viewed 4877 times
Spoiler
50 Percent Detail 4.JPG
50 Percent Detail 4.JPG (345.47 KiB) Viewed 4877 times