TinkerBarb the newbie's stitchy stuff

non video game related projects...
tinkerbarb
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

TinkerBarb the newbie's stitchy stuff

Post by tinkerbarb »

Hi ya!
I've been lurking your board for a few months now and wanted to say thank you for being such a gererous and talented board. I've really enjoyed your work!! So..here is a sampling of my last years work.. I'm all over the place with my likes and projects. I'm really into subversive stuff right now and also one color more antique stuff as well.
This is Moon. I loved working with the metallics and beads and will be doing the matching sun as soon as I knock out some Christmas gifts.
7332.jpg
7332.jpg (49.33 KiB) Viewed 6481 times
Warm Regards,
Tink

tinkerbarb
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: TinkerBarb the newbie's stitchy stuff

Post by tinkerbarb »

Starry Night got me back into stitching at the end of 2010 after a 10 year hiatus. THANK GOODNESS!!
Starry Night.jpg
Starry Night.jpg (90.31 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
I live in a historic city, so doing pieces based on our local architecture is easy to do and very fun for me. (plus backstitching the iron work was a blast)
Garden Wall.jpg
Garden Wall.jpg (83.61 KiB) Viewed 6470 times
For my brother whose lovely Weimaraner passed away, so I did this piece for him. (and it got me back into stitching on linen)
Otto.jpg
Otto.jpg (119.08 KiB) Viewed 6470 times

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by no_need »

I love Starry Night! It works really well as a cross-stitch :)
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

tinkerbarb
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tinkerbarb »

Thanks for letting me share!
Just a quick linen project since I ran accoss some beads and embelishments in my stash of stuff. Not really my thing, but will make a nice gift for the right person. (hmm maybe a holiday ornament)
Linen.jpg
Linen.jpg (87.98 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
Friend at works wife had twins and I thought this was perfect for them!! (turns out they loved it)
Twins.jpg
Twins.jpg (29.2 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
HAD to make this one for my office. (please let me know if I have to take this off..I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post it..and do not intend to offend anyone!)
Attachments
Get OUT.jpg
Get OUT.jpg (53.13 KiB) Viewed 6452 times

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Some wonderful and varied work. Thank you for sharing! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

Very nice stuff! I always wanted to stitch Starry Night. It's neat to see it done. :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Looks great. Starry Night is amazing
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

merrywether
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by merrywether »

Very nice! I love the garden wall. I have that pattern in my stash. I have stitched up several of Barbara & Cheryl's patterns but not that one...yet. :) If you liked stitching the ironwork, have you seen their pattern Ironwork Gate? http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemd ... ?item=6843
I think so, Brain, but can the gummi worms really live in peace with the marshmallow chicks?
I think so, Brain, but if they called them "sad meals" nobody would buy them.

Merrywether's Stitchings:
Etsy Shop
Facebook Page

tinkerbarb
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tinkerbarb »

Oh my gosh I love their stuff!!! I have to take a picture of Rainbow Row and post it for you. It took me over 6 months to complete it and a couple hundred dollars to have it framed. It's so large it hung over my couch for a few years before I changed my decor (and am now trying to work it into my den). I have a few more of their patterns done and to do. Not sure if I have the gate..I know I've seen it..maybe it's because I wanted it. LOL So glad to know another fan of their work!!!

merrywether
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by merrywether »

tinkerbarb wrote:Oh my gosh I love their stuff!!! I have to take a picture of Rainbow Row and post it for you. It took me over 6 months to complete it and a couple hundred dollars to have it framed. It's so large it hung over my couch for a few years before I changed my decor (and am now trying to work it into my den). I have a few more of their patterns done and to do. Not sure if I have the gate..I know I've seen it..maybe it's because I wanted it. LOL So glad to know another fan of their work!!!
Yeah, they are one of my favorites. I think I have almost all of their patterns, but have many yet to stitch, lol. I would love to see a picture of rainbow row. I will have to post a picture of my ironwork gate and I have also done sunshine and shadows.

here's a pic of that one finished.
Spoiler
sunshine.jpg
sunshine.jpg (115.9 KiB) Viewed 6247 times
I think so, Brain, but can the gummi worms really live in peace with the marshmallow chicks?
I think so, Brain, but if they called them "sad meals" nobody would buy them.

Merrywether's Stitchings:
Etsy Shop
Facebook Page